Chapala.com Webboard
Alpha1

Lake Chapala water

4 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

I'm sure he was sprayed directly with the stuff.

Yes, he was doused in it. Twice. Also, the article says both sides had studies supporting their sides. It also said he could not prove that Roundup caused his cancer, and Monsanto could not prove it did not.

Not exactly proof of anything. 

20 minutes ago, Tiny said:

I used Roundup before, where is my millions? 

Yes you did, but hopefully you don't have what he does. 🙏

Research about Roundup is not conclusive. That judgment will certainly be appealed. I grew cranberries for Ocean Spray for many years. We were encouraged to use Roundup. They said when it broke down it became a fertilizer. I use Roundup here as it is so effective. There are many different things out there that could be hazardous-what to do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cedros said:

Research about Roundup is not conclusive. That judgment will certainly be appealed. I grew cranberries for Ocean Spray for many years. We were encouraged to use Roundup. They said when it broke down it became a fertilizer. I use Roundup here as it is so effective. There are many different things out there that could be hazardous-what to do?

I'm not weighing in on whether or not Roundup causes cancer, but I had to chuckle cynically at the idea of an herbicide breaking down into fertilizer components which in turn helps more weeds to grow which then requires more herbicide.... 

It reminds me that fruit-flavored Tums contain citric acid, which can cause stomach irritation which then requires more Tums to relieve which then causes an irritated stomach... Ad infinitum. 

🤔

10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm not weighing in on whether or not Roundup causes cancer, but I had to chuckle cynically at the idea of an herbicide breaking down into fertilizer components which in turn helps more weeds to grow which then requires more herbicide.... 

It reminds me that fruit-flavored Tums contain citric acid, which can cause stomach irritation which then requires more Tums to relieve which then causes an irritated stomach... Ad infinitum. 

🤔

If you were a chemist you might figure it out. 

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, and I can certainly believe that Roundup decomposes into a fertilizer.

I'm just commenting on how corporations create products that self-fulfil their utility. Why not create something that renews its ability to generate revenue over and over?