Chapala.com Webboard

Streetlight in Upper Ajijic

Here's the issue.   A neighbor across my street had the CFE and a private contractor remove a street light on the street on a cement pole that was adjacent to his/her property and had a more powerful one constructed directly across in front of my house (closer to some up street lights) where the light shines directly in my windows..  No privacy.  I can't even use the roof which we use regularly for additional living space because the light is so near and intrusive in addition to the light shining in my indoor rooms.  The neighbor was almost belligerent to me because I asked about the light and told me it was because it interfered with their view and they put in a work order.   They are also moving the cables (I guess) from one side to  my side of the street.   I am furious that you can just do this with the CFE without at least a petition or something from neighbors and for just a frivolous reason.  The light was not even in front of their house, (it was at the back of a neighbor's house which is faced away from the light) and while he/she said they are paying for it and their private contractor is doing other adjustments, I just don't see how as ex pats they can get the CFE to just move street lights around for their view.  The original light never shined into their house or was even in front of their view (more right angles) because their house is set a fair distance back from the street while my house is only a few feet from the street.  No sarcasm please.

I remember from years ago my older brothers had a pellet gun. They would pick off tin cans and paper targets and little plastic army men.

If I recall, the occasional window got cracked and the odd light bulb popped. 

Funny how easily and often that happened. 

Update:  Found out the neighbors lied to the CFE and told them the old light was blocking their garage which is a complete lie.   Not even close.    Can't do anything about it but CFE will at least lower it and the neighbor told me their contractor will lower it if CFE does nothing.  I still cannot believe what means people will go to just to get their way and be callous about the situations of neighbors.  Just a warning.  I now have to worry about cables that I believe the neighbor is planning to loop over to my side of the street.

Loved it Chillin'! Very, very dry. Although I sympathize with anyone who has a light shining into their bedroom. That's a health issue... as in "disrupts circadian rhythm". And curtains block air circulation.

Archived