Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside Food Delivery - Cocinart

ComputerGuy

I just cannot bring myself to go back to Cocinart, even though I always enjoy the food and the reasonable prices. Surly waitstaff, overly-loud drunken patrons, lousy acoustics. So, Saturday we ordered from their PDF menu and got it via Lakeside Food Delivery. Delicous and hot creamy pesto spaghetti with portobellos, and those tender, yummy Chinese pork ribs (listed as an appetizer, but could easily be a meal for some) with the nice little salad. We called the restaurant first to get the specials, and were sent a photo via WhatsApp of the daily blackboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we never had a problem with the wait staff but when we went to eat there last week there was a table of non expats who were so loud the place was deafening so we didn't stay.   They were just boisterous and ill mannered and in that place it was just too much.

Lousy acoustics seems to be a common problem with restaurants in general.  Notice the same thing when we eat out in Arlington TX.  It is just too bad the Nueva Posada doesn't have Cocinart's food (instead of their very mediocre fare) to go with that wonderful dining garden.  

12 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Well we never had a problem with the wait staff but when we went to eat there last week there was a table of non expats who were so loud the place was deafening so we didn't stay.   They were just boisterous and ill mannered and in that place it was just too much.

Lousy acoustics seems to be a common problem with restaurants in general.  Notice the same thing when we eat out in Arlington TX.  It is just too bad the Nueva Posada doesn't have Cocinart's food (instead of their very mediocre fare) to go with that wonderful dining garden.  

That would be wonderful.  The acoustics at Cocinart have always been a problem, and the solution would probably be expensive. I understand that one of the owner's relative owns the building, so they might have had their start there with a break in the rent.  (I'm just speculating.)  The food has always been outstanding and the prices fair.

1 hour ago, gringal said:

That would be wonderful.  The acoustics at Cocinart have always been a problem, and the solution would probably be expensive. I understand that one of the owner's relative owns the building, so they might have had their start there with a break in the rent.  (I'm just speculating.)  The food has always been outstanding and the prices fair.

Agree and it remains our favorite.  The occasion I wrote about was the only time we have felt not compelled to stay and we will be taking one of our Oaxaca ITESO students there today for her 21st birthday.  It remains one of our favorites and usually the diners there are more respectful of others than this particular group was.

Archived