Chapala.com Webboard

Cigars

7 hours ago, More Liana said:

Does don Toribio still roll cigars in front of SuperLake?  People said his were great.

They're sold in Paz. A little over 300 pesos for a twelve pack.

Not a bad smoke and as you said still hand made.

SunFan

Alcohol tobacco and firearms are all restricted items under the ATF you may want to check the quantity  permissible   to enter the States.. Also if there are Cuban cigars.. I do not know but I would check this one out too because Trump is sure not helping that relationship..

• 2 years later...

Not sure what is happening at Le Paz. I’ve been buying Mexican cigars there for several years with a vanilla aroma. First the ran out of them from Veracruz ( both with aroma then natural ). I switched to Don Toribio first with vanilla then natural. Sold out of both again. In fact the whole cabinet is almost empty. Nobody in the store can tell me what’s happening. They keep promising more soon but it’s been months now. Desperately looking for any alternative. 

I was there today and I see they are rapidly expanding their dry goods section. It's not like just olives for your martini and snacks with your beer. Laundry soap and all kinds of stuff. Meanwhile, the smoking supplies have been taken away completely, leaving only some varieties of cigars: no flints, no fluid, no papers, no nada.

Worse, for a liquor store, they are sadly underestimating what's important. They have reduced their variety of beers to only a select few brands that will fit in the coolers; no floor space is devoted to 6 packs or 12 packs. I see ads all the time for new beers and new alcohol coolers; they have none. Management at both SuperLake and Paz have lost it, sad to say.

I stopped buying at Paz once they started going downhill in all departments and luckily I found don Pablo who has his own brand and many others. No more store in Chapala so he delivers to mi casa and any other customers that he has here. My usual buy is his Churchill dark $2000p for 20 or less $'s when they are on sale.I just bought 2 special and really big Monte Cristos from Chile for $200 each and he may have more of those in a couple of weeks. Those are not Mexican like his brand, hand rolled in Vera Cruz with various tobaccos from different countries. He knows his stough and is very passionate about cigars and pipe tobacco.

puros cigars.jpg