Chapala.com Webboard

Dowels... in Home Depot

Ferret

I can't remember who was looking for dowels or I'd send a pm.  I know that nobody wants to go to Guadalajara but here's what I tripped over on the Home Depot website when looking for something else.

First, they are called "Baston de pino solido" (sorry no accents)… which doesn't come up if you do a search (go figure). I found them under "Molduras madera dura" on page 12.

ALL are 91 cm in length (divide by 2.54 to get inches) ... even though the website says 3".

1/4 inch diameter (0.6 cm) 6.50 pesos each

3/8 inch diameter (1.0 cm) no price posted

1/2 inch diameter (1.3 cm) 14.50 pesos each

5/8 inch diameter (1.5 cm) 15.50 pesos each

3/4 inch diameter (1.9 cm) 25.50 pesos each

7/8 inch diameter (2.2 cm) 28.50 pesos each

1 inch diameter (2.54 cm) 40.90 pesos each

Hope this of some help to someone.

• 6 months later...
On 7/13/2018 at 9:45 PM, Ferret said:

I can't remember who was looking for dowels or I'd send a pm.  I know that nobody wants to go to Guadalajara but here's what I tripped over on the Home Depot website when looking for something else.

First, they are called "Baston de pino solido" (sorry no accents)… which doesn't come up if you do a search (go figure). I found them under "Molduras madera dura" on page 12.

ALL are 91 cm in length (divide by 2.54 to get inches) ... even though the website says 3".

1/4 inch diameter (0.6 cm) 6.50 pesos each

3/8 inch diameter (1.0 cm) no price posted

1/2 inch diameter (1.3 cm) 14.50 pesos each

5/8 inch diameter (1.5 cm) 15.50 pesos each

3/4 inch diameter (1.9 cm) 25.50 pesos each

7/8 inch diameter (2.2 cm) 28.50 pesos each

1 inch diameter (2.54 cm) 40.90 pesos each

Hope this of some help to someone.

I searched the Home Depot Guad sites and found no Baston de pino solido or molduras madera duro or palo de madera (how they`re usually called here).  Do you remember which HD you searched?

I'm back from doing errands. First, the website will not show pictures using Internet Explorer 11 so I used Edge to find the information. Second, do NOT go by the description, click on what looks like a piece of dowel and scroll down to see that the length is 244 cm. Third, when you start to use their search engine, if you put in MOL for moldaduras, the drop down menu will show you "moldaduras de madera dura" as an option to click on. If you put in ALL of what you are looking for, the search engine just sits there like a dumb a$$ and nothing comes up.

Here is page one of what you're looking for... scroll down... there are six pages in the entire section but, as I said, they are described incorrectly. Home Depot oughta be ashamed. Their website is an absolute disgrace. And, be warned, they don't deliver lakeside because we're tooooooo far away.

http://www.homedepot.com.mx/search/molduras-madera-dura#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize

4 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I'm back from doing errands. First, the website will not show pictures using Internet Explorer 11 so I used Edge to find the information. Second, do NOT go by the description, click on what looks like a piece of dowel and scroll down to see that the length is 244 cm. Third, when you start to use their search engine, if you put in MOL for moldaduras, the drop down menu will show you "moldaduras de madera dura" as an option to click on. If you put in ALL of what you are looking for, the search engine just sits there like a dumb a$$ and nothing comes up.

Here is page one of what you're looking for... scroll down... there are six pages in the entire section but, as I said, they are described incorrectly. Home Depot oughta be ashamed. Their website is an absolute disgrace. And, be warned, they don't deliver lakeside because we're tooooooo far away.

http://www.homedepot.com.mx/search/molduras-madera-dura#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize

When I click on that link it says that I am looking at a Mexico City store. Are you looking at the Guad store?

Sigh. Okay, I changed the store to Guadalajara... info that comes up is still the same... and they still won't deliver since they think Lake Chapala is the back of beyond.

https://www.homedepot.com.mx/search/molduras-madera-dura#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize

Archived