Chapala.com Webboard

New Sister City agreement signed with Jocotepec

Last night, after long negotiation, Watsonville California signed the formal agreement to join as a sister city with Jocotepec.

During ceremonies in the near future our municipality will be named the world capital of rasberry production. This agreement will and does include: San Pedro; San Juan Cosala; San Cristobal; Chantepec; Zapotitlan de Hildalgo and other incorporated villages within the municipality.

Fred Habacht

Investment to Mexico; business tourism; USD-(in this case), for local charities, local pride which grew after the first California town joined Jocotepec. Donations of surplus Bombero equipment and hospital material.etc. Driscoll and it's sister companies are the largest employer in all of lakeside and further to Ciudad Guzman and parts of Colima.

Either way....no sister city agreement has ever caused material harm nor been canceled because the "sisters" found that they did not like each other any more.

Fred Habacht

I know that Jocotepec was a 100% receiver with their first sister city. The same will most certainly be the result of this new city to city. The number of Jalisco born employees that work the vineyards of Amador County California was the reason that Plymouth Ca. asked to make the relationship. I have a copy of the proposal on this latest deal with the Driscoll peopleand it mentions how much the local people have done to make the success of the growing of Blackberry....Rasberry....strawberry a reality. This is a form of payback and a goodwill gesture to keep these pickers, planters, field owners as happy participants.

I hate :"border" promotions but if you want to talk to me about the Zinfandel grapes and the conditions of the vineyards because of the local people that take care of them as legal workers or visit one of my fields here that grow the fruit that goes all over the world....pm me. The number of Jalisco born people in the business is staggering.

Fred Habacht

Watsonville is full of Mexican workers legal and illegals working in the main industry there, artichoke.. Also a lot of Brussel sprout is grown in the area in California so having a sister city could help exchanges back and forth and maybe more Jalisco workers can go there legally if the busineesof both cities work together. 

Archived