Chapala.com Webboard

UBER at Lakeside, pros and cons, por favor

ezpz

I've used it around GDL and from the GDL airport to Ajijic.  Mostly prompt and professional.  Can't comment on local Ajijic/Chapala/Joco runs but a friend has used them and she has been pleased with the prices and service.  :)

Valerie

Use it often between Ajijic and Guadalajara and within Guadalajara . Nice drivers, clean cars, rarely wait more than 10 minutes for pick up. Price varies depending on time of day and is affected by traffic conditions, but it's always less expensive than a taxi. Fast customer service if there are questions or issues. 

Uber used it several times back in April. Chapala to Guad, and  airport. Cheaper than taxi. Just a bit of trouble getting Uber after sunset. One Uber driver was telling me that many uber drivers come to Chapala from Guad. and head back to Guad. af sunset.

Hello there i do the service , of translate , personal asistant , shop in costco or gdl (i have car)

if anyone need my service please send me a mesage inbox or to this contact

Alvaro Alexis

cel.3313591051

I know Uber is cheaper, but how much?

I have used Miramontez for many years; R/T to GDL is $500, but he and his family have never missed a pickup. This is critical when as has happened, we needed a very early 0300--0400 pick up.

A missed pickup for a trip to GDL could be a very costly disaster.

When point into Guadalajara itself, I have no problem with the bus (includes WiFi); goes right to the bus station and then Uber to whereever I'm going.

But what about getting around Lakeside with Uber?  I don't have a car and get along well without it with occasional taxi use.  Someone suggested that using Uber would be cheaper than buying a car.  I'm not talking about going to the airport - are there sufficient drivers here locally that know the area?  Can it really take the place of owning a car here?  I love going on long walks and carrying my groceries home, but the aging thing is gradually kicking in...

The only way to request Uber is through the app on a smartphone.  If done by phone or e-mail it is not going through Uber.

My experience at Lakeside has been mostly negative...difficulty in finding a car, ......and then taking too long to find me

In Guad, service has been good...When obtaining one from near Telmex Auditorium and in Guad, to return to Lakeside, both times the driver has always asked for more  money than the cel phone has shown..it has still been a good deal

In conclusion..Lakeside needs lots of improvement.  In Guad great service. 

3 hours ago, SunshineyDay said:

Well let's see? Loss of income for one.

OK, how do most people handle loss of income?  What would you suggest a small group of people, who have had a virtual monopoly for a long time, do to improve their monetary situation?  You seem surprised at some lack of action on their part. What would that be?

7 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Jajaja, That's one solution Angus. I heard some Uber drivers are now packing so everyone needs to be careful.

Twice in Seattle, once at the airport and once in my Seattle neighborhood, there were both Uber and Taxis near each other. So first I asked Uber and then I checked with the cab driver and for some reason in both cases the Taxi was only slightly more expensive, so I chose the Taxi each time.

Is it usually the case that Uber is appreciably more than only 4 or 5 percent cheaper? Because the two times I compared in Seattle, that was the difference.

True pricing for Uber can only be done on your phone in their app. Anyone sitting in their car could claim to be Uber and know the taxi rates and just undercut them by a little. What told you they were Uber? Did they have an UBER sign on top?

On the occasional times I've needed a taxi Lakeside, I have always found their rates very reasonable.  Cost of gas, car maintenance, small population, etc put lots of pressures on people trying to earn an honest living.  I feel no need to undercut that by searching out alternatives.

Archived