Chapala.com Webboard

AMLO WINS

Sonia

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, gringal said:

The only interest I have in NOB government is that my children and grandchildren will have to live under it.  And facts are facts.  The revered founding fathers had no interest in pure democracy,  especially when you consider who was shut out of the voting booths under their system; way over half the residents.

Considering the way Mexico City was administered under AMLO, I don't think we need to worry about him.  I'm just happy the PRI gang lost.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct, they did NOT intend to have a Democracy. THAT is why they created a REPUBLIC ! Too many people pretend to not know that the USA is a Republic, NOT a Democracy. Need to learn the difference.

5 hours ago, gringal said:

especially when you consider who was shut out of the voting booths under their system; way over half the residents.

Fortunately, not over half of the citizens that were eligible to vote ! :D

4 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

I predict AMLO and Trump are going to get along just fine and will end up making "deals" that will greatly benefit both countries.

That's my prediction.......and I'm sticking to it!  😁

Ditto that, Pappy ! Very similar in many ways. Check it out ! :D

8 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

But someone claimed that 3,000,000 aliens voted. Hmmm?

???? :D

8 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Nobody wants to play with you Hud. May as well take your rope and go home.

As you pointed out before, some points of view are tolerated and not shut down.  Knowing that, I try to resist pointing out the logical disconnects and general error of their ways.  (grin)😎

13 hours ago, gringal said:

As you pointed out before, some points of view are tolerated and not shut down.

That is a false statement as this thread and the other similar one clearly illustrates.  No posts have been deleted.  I had to close both threads because they descended into the usual political bickering about the country NOB.  This board is about MEXICO and CHAPALA.  

Unfortunately some people's point of view seems grounded in personal attack and unpleasantness towards their neighbors who don't agree with them.  We have a local example of that at TOB, if that is your thing, that is the place to do it.  Do it here and you get deleted and/or the thread gets locked.  That is the way it is here as it is a very strong policy of this board's sponsor.

And I strongly suggest those who are constantly unhappy with this board to take advantage of the option of the other and go there.  Please don't remain here if you are unhappy.  

Archived