Chapala.com Webboard

Immigration form at airport Leaving country

glws7777

I read in the Reporter some time back that there was some key points to ensure we do when flying out of the country. We have our permanent designations and I did read on the reporter that if you did not follow some procedures you could lose your Permanente status. Any help on this will be appreciated.

Go to INM prior to checking in at your airline counter with the completed FMM form. On the FMM, check "otro" as the reason for your trip; write RESIDENTE PERMANENTE at the top of both parts of the form.  Hand it, your Permanente card visible on top, and your passport to the agent at the desk (far right of the terminal by where International arrivals is.) Your passport and the FMM will be stamped by the agent; take all that with your boarding pass to your airline. The top (larger half) will be returned to you for your reentry into Mexico. Upon your return (by land, air, or sea), the process is in reverse: show the reentry portion of your FMM, your Permanente and your passport to the agent to be recorded as back in Mexico. 

And if anyone says that INM does not keep records, they are incorrect, so do things legally. I recently had to apply from INM for my verification of entries/exits (carta de flujo migratorio) and they do indeed produce a printout which gets reconciled with your passport stamps/dates.

11 hours ago, Bajabrady said:

What if you lost the FMM you filed for departure? Will my permanent residenct card and US Passport be sufficient? 

Do you mean you lost the half returned to you when exiting the country for you to fill out on return?  If so, they will give you another form on the return flight so just use that to enter again.  

Archived