Chapala.com Webboard

Change of Date of birth and Birth City on Residente Permanente

sujyajay

Hello! Good Morning! Recently I got my Birth Certificate from India and DOB, birth city does not match with passport info. I am going to update the information on passport by requesting consulate here in Mexico. Is there a way to update correct info on Residente Permanente as well? Would INM accept this case or would there be a problem?

I suggest that you take a deep breath and avoid doing anything to upset the apple cart, which would cause a serious glitch in the orderliness of the Mexican governmental systems, and personal panic for you, with the need for the worlds best lawyer to coordinate the merging of data between two heavily bureaucratic countries with under-educated and intractable civil servants with delusions of unlimited power over mere mortals.   🌧️   

I would call Spencer and ask for an appointment.

Curious....you were able to get an Indian passport without showing your birth certificate??   Do you believe the info on your birth certificate to be accurate?  How far off is the birth date on the certificate from what is on your passport?

Archived