Chapala.com Webboard

Furniture Shops

Zeb

I just did some searches on the forum and got tons of results, but not what I had seen previously.  I am looking for the name of the area that has lots of furniture stores.  Can someone provide the name of town/area?

Go to Ocatlan.  They manufacture furniture there and there are lots of furniture stores.

Head towards Guadalajara.  Bear right off the highway just before  the road goes up an incline and then bears off onto a merge that takes you to Guadalajara. You do not want to go up that incline.  You continue  on the highway you just went onto as you went to the right.  It will eventually take you to Ocatlan.  I think the  road you had to bear right on says "Saltillo" but am not certain.

Happy shopping.

Thanks a bunch.  We go to Guad regularly, so I believe I am familiar with that location.  The upwards incline is to the left.  If you don't don't that, then you are continuing on straight.  I think that is what you mean.  We will probably go with some friends and a GPS to help us.

We haven't purchased new furniture in years, so I am afraid it will be sticker shock.  We furnished most of our Texas house with resale items, great prices and nice pieces.  However, the resale shops here don't really have much that is as nice as those items in the Texas resale shops.

Octolan does have many stores but not much in the way of traditional furniture. Modern is in and if you don't like it ... Tough! We spent a day bouncing from shop to shop with nothing gained... If Mexican modern is your style, then a trip to Octolan would be beneficial...

2 hours ago, Zeb said:

Thanks a bunch.  We go to Guad regularly, so I believe I am familiar with that location.  The upwards incline is to the left.  If you don't don't that, then you are continuing on straight.  I think that is what you mean.  We will probably go with some friends and a GPS to help us.

We haven't purchased new furniture in years, so I am afraid it will be sticker shock.  We furnished most of our Texas house with resale items, great prices and nice pieces.  However, the resale shops here don't really have much that is as nice as those items in the Texas resale shops.

Have you checked out Barbara's Bazaar on 16 de Septiembre in Ajijic. They have most of the nicer furniture there.

48 minutes ago, gringal said:

Have you checked out Barbara's Bazaar on 16 de Septiembre in Ajijic. They have most of the nicer furniture there.

Not yet. We'll have a look. Thanks for the reminder.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:50 PM, gringal said:

We were there and that place is a massive rip off. We saw a used table and chairs, mid century modern that they were asking a ridiculous price for. Twice the price in the states and they referenced a site on the furniture for comparison and I know that site in The US well and I told the owner that the reference was out of line and an excuse was given and I told the person that I will be back in 3 years to buy it at a price more in line. Everything we saw that was worth anything was way too over priced. Didn't have much in the way of furniture. Whoever buys that at the price they want is either stupid or very wealthy and couldn't care less.

9 hours ago, MXConnie said:

If  you are interested in contemporary "quality" furniture check out the store next to Sunrise Restaurant in San Antonio.  On the carratera, east of SuperLake.  

If you are thinking about furniture 4 less they do quality work. We bought 2 pieces from them at a very reasonable price. They underpromise and overdeliver and their customer service is wonderful. We were told 6 weeks for the pieces and they showed up in 3. We were amazed. Great workmanship and a great guaranty. Oskar and his brother are there.

We were at Andares mall in GDl and looked at the furniture at palacio de hierro (high end store) and saw a few pieces that were quite reasonable and there was a sale  going on and we ended up with 35% off for quality pieces. Delivered as promised and the salesman was the best we have met in GDL. Was on top of everything making sure warehouse had in stock and delivery was scheduled with follow up phone calls. He even called from the hospital while his son was ther to make sure everything was ok with the purchase. He can speak English a bit , enough to make the transaction smooth and not take hours as it did for us in Liverpool which we wont ever  buy any furniture from because we had 4 pieces delivered to us of which 3 came in boxes from China and when opened they were torn , dirty, you name it and we didn't accept the delivery. The salesman at Palacio's name is Hugo Chavez. If you do go call first and ask for Muebles and see when he is working. We will be buying more from him.

• 1 month later...

Furniture Show in August.   I thought this was at the expo center next week but Senior Google tells me its the Enart show held Feb and August in Talaquepaque.   The later, as I recall, was short on furniture whereas the expo center had a plethora of it.    Your thoughts appreciated.

the EXPO MUEBLE Guadalajara is hapening this coming week at the Expo Guadalajara and thare are all kinds of furniture companies there. Get someone like an interior decorator to go with you as you have to have a business to enter and shop until you drop.

4 hours ago, El Cartero said:

Furniture Show in August.   I thought this was at the expo center next week but Senior Google tells me its the Enart show held Feb and August in Talaquepaque.   The later, as I recall, was short on furniture whereas the expo center had a plethora of it.    Your thoughts appreciated.

I did know about the Furniture Expo this month.  I spoke with two designers about it.  One problem with it is that you may wait a really long time for delivery as they give preference to the commercial buyer.  The retail purchases is at the bottom of the barrel.  I was told it can work out if you go with a designer who knows the vendors and how they perform their services.  It will also be hours of walking as it is huge, so I think we won't be going there.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, MXConnie said:

If  you are interested in contemporary "quality" furniture check out the store next to Sunrise Restaurant in San Antonio.  On the carratera, east of SuperLake.  

Good idea for that store near Sunrise. 

I have checked out the stores on the way to Ocatlan about 3 times and have never bought anything. Not very good quality. 

Archived