Chapala.com Webboard

Need someone with a serger sewing machine

Guest English Rose

Guest English Rose

I have some t-shirts that are to long and I would like to get them shortened. I will do the cutting and pinning but need someone with the serger machine to sew them. There are about 4 shirts.

Thanks for any help.  😊

8 hours ago, English Rose said:

I have some t-shirts that are to long and I would like to get them shortened. I will do the cutting and pinning but need someone with the serger machine to sew them. There are about 4 shirts.

Thanks for any help.  😊

I don't know what a "serger" machine is, but  there are three very good seamstresses in Ajijic who can do the job.  Two are next door to each other on 16 de Septiembre, Durazno and El Colibri. There is Rosie on Ocampo.

Just because someone is a good seamstress, doesn't mean she can do the job. The OP knows of which she speaks- a serger is needed for t-shirt fabric. Here they call a serger an "over" as in overlock machine. It uses 3-5 threads which all connect and form a stretchy seam or hem.

2 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Just because someone is a good seamstress, doesn't mean she can do the job. The OP knows of which she speaks- a serger is needed for t-shirt fabric. Here they call a serger an "over" as in overlock machine. It uses 3-5 threads which all connect and form a stretchy seam or hem.

In that case, I'll correct my recommendation to:  seamstresses who MAY be able to do the job. However, I'll guess that at least one of them can direct her to someone who CAN do it.🙂

Archived