Chapala.com Webboard

Southern Sisters Restaurant

heidinrick

5 hours ago, heidinrick said:

I'm sorry, but I'm actually going to go back to the subject...Southern Sisters restaurant. We have an appointment at 9:15 this morning so, after reading the review on their breakfast and that they open at 8, we thought we can have our breakfast and still be on time! WRONG! We got there at 8:05, doors closed, no lights so, once again dissappointment. I don't think they have a clue about running a business! One of the owners said they will be open 8-8 every day. Maybe they meant Mexican time!

We had lunch west of the Southern Sisters and when we passed the place around 1:00 pm, it was closed for the day. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, heidinrick said:

I'm sorry, but I'm actually going to go back to the subject...Southern Sisters restaurant. We have an appointment at 9:15 this morning so, after reading the review on their breakfast and that they open at 8, we thought we can have our breakfast and still be on time! WRONG! We got there at 8:05, doors closed, no lights so, once again dissappointment. I don't think they have a clue about running a business! One of the owners said they will be open 8-8 every day. Maybe they meant Mexican time!

FF61EFB7-7A5C-4D27-9634-F503AADCA584.jpeg

I will let Ian rest on his laurels but on the subject of coca cola.  I told my coca cola botteler in the states that coca cola tasted better in Mexico than in the states.  He told me this was because they use real sugar in Mexico whereas in the states they don't.  He told me there were a few exceptions like in heavy Mexican communities where they still used real sugar..

9 minutes ago, kam said:

Hey Guys - Love the back and forth - what about the tiny kiddos living in cages in Texas ? Get over yourselves and  do something

So it is OK  to ignore immigrations laws and expect a country to accept you?

12 minutes ago, kam said:

Hey Guys - Love the back and forth - what about the tiny kiddos living in cages in Texas ? Get over yourselves and  do something

OK Newbie, what's your suggestion?  Yeah Tiny, good point!

3 minutes ago, Tiny said:

What if they camped out at your doorstep? Would you take them in?

Only if I could register them to vote for the people I preferred, otherwise, let them eat cake (To quote Ian in another thread).

5 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Yes if it is an asylum case.

There are legal procedures to apply for asylum. You don't sneak over the border.

6 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Yes if it is an asylum case.

Ok, the US has given them a roof over their head and food in their stomach while it may take several years for them to prove their case.

1 minute ago, Tiny said:

Ok, the US has given them a roof over their head and food in their stomach while it may take several years for them to prove their case.

While in cages with their children who knows where.

1 minute ago, Tiny said:

Yeah, a hell of a lot more than they would get if they snuck into a lot of countries.

Just now, AngusMactavish said:

Keeps em from getting run over by the crazy drivers NOB.

Just now, AngusMactavish said:

Crossing and waving down a border patrol isn't sneaking. 

Everyone knows you must present yourself at a legal crossing. Sneaking over then waving for a BP officer doesn't count as "legal".

1 minute ago, pappysmarket said:

Everyone knows you must present yourself at a legal crossing. Sneaking over then waving for a BP officer doesn't count as "legal".

Everyone knows they would be turned back by admin's directions.

2 minutes ago, kam said:

Shockingly, Tiny, I would and I have in a different time and a different place.  And I would and will again. Maybe you missed that these are children, you know really small humans. 

Probably time to go NOB and walk the walk. Talk is easy.

1 minute ago, AngusMactavish said:

Show me your source about these cages.  One reporter on the evening news made that comment.  The building he was talking about was divided into four large sections, the people divided by groupings.  

Archived