Chapala.com Webboard

Southern Sisters Restaurant

heidinrick

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Gringal...sorry just couldn’t let that one pass on a rainy Sunday....and what pray tell makes you think for a moment that you could possibly hava a clue what” a very qualified Chef “ is .Oh..he must have told you so  , what was I thinking ? Perhaps a little research is necessary try “So you wanna be a Chef “ by Anthony Bourdain may he Rest In Peace or the “The making of a Chef “ by Rhulman.Both will explain why it takes a Chef to know a Chef .I could count the real Chefs in our  town on one hand and have fingers to spare .

Border Promotion???

O.K.....l give up.....”let em all eat cake “ ...just make sure it’s well done and nice and dry !                           As for my border promotion to quote Angus MacTavish ask mr.google.....Ian Greenwood Chef...Florida /Vero Beach ,Superbowls ,Olympics and much more "....it does get a little boring though..fix a sandwich..make a drink....thank you and goodnight.

Ian:

Perhaps you did not see, among the booths at the border, the "Border Promotion Booth" it is right next to the bumper sticker booth. Anyway, there are expensive promotions and the very, very cheap ones like "restaurant critic"....that one sells like crazy.....some of the posters on here purchased those like crazy

4 minutes ago, barbara habacht said:

Ian:

Perhaps you did not see, among the booths at the border, the "Border Promotion Booth" it is right next to the bumper sticker booth. Anyway, there are expensive promotions and the very, very cheap ones like "restaurant critic"....that one sells like crazy.....some of the posters on here purchased those like crazy

Everybody eats, so everybody is a restaurant critic in his or her own way.😉

Bandol.    Apart from your impeccable judgement  I’m intrigued by your nom de plume , I was kinda hoping you have some sort of affinity or love of Bandol wines a little known appellation in the Provence which produces probably one of the most powerful and tannic wines in France. If not you ought to find one in the States ...not easy....but worth it..let it sit and then let it kick your ### .

23 hours ago, johanson said:

I think she is saying that she wanted a regular coke and the waitress was trying to convince her that a diet (sugar free) coke was a regular coke.

But what was the reference to the "menus"?  

14 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Gringal...sorry just couldn’t let that one pass on a rainy Sunday....and what pray tell makes you think for a moment that you could possibly hava a clue what” a very qualified Chef “ is .Oh..he must have told you so  , what was I thinking ? Perhaps a little research is necessary try “So you wanna be a Chef “ by Anthony Bourdain may he Rest In Peace or the “The making of a Chef “ by Rhulman.Both will explain why it takes a Chef to know a Chef .I could count the real Chefs in our  town on one hand and have fingers to spare .

Have you read the article Bourdain wrote for New Yorker that got him his book deal? 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1999/04/19/dont-eat-before-reading-this

I'm sorry, but I'm actually going to go back to the subject...Southern Sisters restaurant. We have an appointment at 9:15 this morning so, after reading the review on their breakfast and that they open at 8, we thought we can have our breakfast and still be on time! WRONG! We got there at 8:05, doors closed, no lights so, once again dissappointment. I don't think they have a clue about running a business! One of the owners said they will be open 8-8 every day. Maybe they meant Mexican time!

That is what I have noticed. And that is confusing because apparently both are without sugar. So sitting in Seattle waiting to come back, does Coca-Cola light have any sugar? And if not what is the difference between Coca-Cola light and Coca-Cola Sin Azucar?

Sorry if this isn't quite on topic.

Archived