Chapala.com Webboard

Pemex Station To Avoid, You Tell Me.

1 hour ago, hammerhead said:

Let's see! If the gas price is $20 pesos per lt and I put into my tank 10 lt of gas and stop, the cost should indicate that I owe $200 pesos so far. If it shows more than $200 pesos, then the pump needs calibrating and you are being screwed.  Simple and anyone can do it in 15 seconds. 

Further, if the pump computer is calibrated to show 10 liters, when only 9 is being pumped, it doesn't matter: you are being charged $200 pesos without knowing. As others have said, you at least need a way to measure accurately. So, you'd have to start with a plastic container of exactly 10 litres to make sure you are getting 10 litres. And you'd have to go to more than one gas station, and repeat the process.

4 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Further, if the pump computer is calibrated to show 10 liters, when only 9 is being pumped, it doesn't matter: you are being charged $200 pesos without knowing. As others have said, you at least need a way to measure accurately. So, you'd have to start with a plastic container of exactly 10 litres to make sure you are getting 10 litres. And you'd have to go to more than one gas station, and repeat the process.

Exactly. This is how Profeco does it when they check the stations and then publish their Lista Negra de Gasolineras. 

43 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Exactly. This is how Profeco does it when they check the stations and then publish their Lista Negra de Gasolineras. 

They pump the gas into a 10 liter calibrated container. There is no way for a motorist to get it measured that way.

I can most easily buy a 5 gallon gas can, plastic, for example. Doesn't even matter if it is exact or not. It will hold the same from any gas station. So I get 5 gallons, and pay the price. I put it in my tank and go to the next station. And so on. Or am I wrong?

2 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I can most easily buy a 5 gallon gas can, plastic, for example. Doesn't even matter if it is exact or not. It will hold the same from any gas station. So I get 5 gallons, and pay the price. I put it in my tank and go to the next station. And so on. Or am I wrong?

Sorry, I'm not toting a smelly gas can around. I will just be more careful where I buy my fuel. 

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

Sorry, I'm not toting a smelly gas can around. I will just be more careful where I buy my fuel. 

Funniest Thread in a long time ! :D

2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

But how are you going to know where to buy? That website? (I also am not going to be measuring any gas; I thought we were just speculating on procedure.)

Archived