Chapala.com Webboard

M & J Royal Pizza

shortstop

I went Friday and parked in front of La Bambola (the 2 storey orange house on the mountainside of the highway) and one of the guys came out to let me know they are next door, so I moved my car and went in and got my pizza. I told them they need a huge arrow as I think most people will be looking for the doors to be open at La Bambola! It's next door to the right, folks. I passed by there yesterday around 12:30 and their gate was open with their small sign on it.

Please look to the right of La Bambola or you will miss it!!!

It appears to me there are some workers at La Bambola where the doors are closed, therefore one may think M&J is not open. They open at 12:30.

• 3 weeks later...

Has any one had any luck contacting  M&J  via the cell # listed  ??  . have tried calling now 8 times  in the last 2 hours  and keep  getting  a Sp. language message  and no answer.              Would like to  make reservations for a group to have  lunch tomorrow,  but having no luck.  Really do not want to have to drive there  from SJC  to do this..

Are they closed on Thursday  .. thus  no answer  ?

On 7/6/2018 at 11:14 AM, CHILLIN said:

How much did Lakeside Delivery charge for going up into hillbilly country? I heard 80 pesos, which is quite high, but then they would have to use an automobile rather than an ATV.

We've moved down to the flatlands, so only 50 pesos.

Last night my wife and I went to the new location.  Far more spacious than the previous location but, sadly,  instead of a 5 minute walk for us it's now a 15 minute drive!  To make this location work they're going to need tremendous (but deserved) support.  The quality of their pizza is still exceptional, and from our own experience, far superior to any other at Lakeside.  The obvious downside to the current location will be the lack of "walk in" clientele.  At the previous location they had the benefit of being so close to so many of the B. & B.'s, the centre of Ajijic and so many clients within a 10 to 15 minute walk.  Sadly, like so many restaurant operators, their immediate success at their prior location placed their longevity at serious risk.  Hence, the move. Hopefully they now have a great lease and a supportive (but not greedy) landlord.  The two telephone numbers given in prior posts are no longer in service.  The number given to us last night is the only contact number currently:   332-165-7672.

Years ago the most successful restaurant in Ajijic was Ajijic Grill which was located where Ajijic Tango is today.  The owner/chef was skilled and experienced and the restaurant was truly "world class".  Every year, as the business grew, the landlord substantially increased the rent.  After several years of great success the the ever increasing rent became such a burden the doors of the restaurant closed and.......everyone lost:  The operator; the landlord; and the clientele.  Sadly, to this day, there has never been another restaurant at Lakeside that could compare with the "Ajijic Grill".   Hopefully, M & J Royal Pizza won't suffer the same fate.

Archived