Chapala.com Webboard

Water Filter... on a Sunday?

My bad. Is there anywhere I can buy water filters on a Sunday? My filter on the main water line going to the tinaco is so clogged that the water can't get through.

Repeat mantra to self... Change that filter every month. 

Ferreteria Calzada in Chapala has the types of water filters that I use and Google says that they are open from 9:30-3:00 today. Their website says that they are open today from 10:00-3:00. Best to take your filter with you to make sure you get a match.

2 hours ago, cedros said:

You can clean the paper pleated ones with a brush and water.

Yes, I do the same- about once every 2 months I take it out and clean it under running water. By that time there's usually about a half-cup of sand and grit in the bottom of the filter housing as well. Cleaning it regularly means I've only had to buy new ones twice in 10 years. 

34 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Thanks for the tip but I need water to do that and, at the present time, I don't have any. I just bought six bottles of water to tide me over 'til tomorrow.

Buy an extra filter.  HAHAHAHA

3 hours ago, Ferret said:

Thanks for the tip but I need water to do that and, at the present time, I don't have any. I just bought six bottles of water to tide me over 'til tomorrow.

Maybe a neighbor has some water you could use to clean it.

Archived