Chapala.com Webboard

Neurologist and possible MRI

I have made an appointment at Quality Care to see Dr. Miguel Valle.

Have any of you seen this doctor and if he referred you for an MRI, where was it done and what was the approximate cost in pesos?

Muchas gracias.

1 minute ago, gringal said:

As far as I know, MRI's are done in Guadalajara.

It looks like Chopo Labs near Maskara's in Riberas advertises on their door panels that they do them.

Chopo does them, but not Lakeside. Talk with Letty, the receptionist at Quality Care, and she can arrange an appointment with Chopo where a driver will pick you up at Quality Care and take you in for the scan. They will also deliver the results back to Quality Care. This is a free service that Chopo is providing (not the MRI of course!). My wife recently did this for a CT scan. Cost was 4,200 pesos I think.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 9:00 AM, oasiscloud said:

Chopo does them, but not Lakeside. Talk with Letty, the receptionist at Quality Care, and she can arrange an appointment with Chopo where a driver will pick you up...

I just spoke to Chopo in CDMX and they said that they do not supply drivers for people from Chapala. Quality care may have supplied a driver and I doubt it was a free ride.

I am sorry but Chopo does provide rides for some procedures.  We were collected at Quality Care and taken to Guadalajara for a PETscan and then returned to Quality Care.  For the second PETscan, we used our own driver.  The cost was the same as the first scan and both were billed to our ins. company.

Yeah, but have you ever heard the term "kickback"? The price could actually be set high enough to "kickback" something to a referring party. The recipient could then pay for any extra service they provided and keep the rest or keep the whole amount if they didn't need to pay for anything. Not saying this is the case here but it certainly is the case often times. There really is no free lunch and somebody (probably the insurance company in this case) paid for that ride.

It is a local insurance company and rather tight with their payments - but my point was that Chopo does provide transport for at least some procedures.  The most expensive ones I imagine.  The ride was in a bumpy little Chevrolet Spark which is why we used our driver the second time around.

1 minute ago, bournemouth said:

The ride was in a bumpy little Chevrolet Spark which is why we used our driver the second time around.

Hahaha, I hear that!

Archived