Chapala.com Webboard

Hairdresser

Deb

12 hours ago, Ferret said:

This is my experience only. Chrissy listens. Panache does not and I never went back. This is for a haircut only... every 4 weeks.

Funny, my experience was just the opposite.

I have seen beautiful hairstyles come out of Panache and commented on one lady's hair in a restaurant. Sure enough it was styled by Panache. But when I tell a stylist that I do not want to see my eyebrows and she cuts my bangs one inch above my eyebrows, that salon is a non starter for me forever. Glad you found a stylist you like and have confidence in them.

Another vote for Jim at Glorioso  -  very pleasant, great cut....listens to your instructions/needs and also a great conversationalist.  I understand the eyebrow thing...me it is the ears !

Sandra at Ganesha Spa in San Antonio.  766-5653   I have been to all mentioned above over the last 13 years and would not darken the door of any of them again.  They will all give you a good haircut (maybe) once or twice and then not so much.  Chrisy listens and then does what she wants to do,  I came out of Panache with one side cut and the other not so much, Jim at Glorioso left me looking like Sponge Bob.  Yoli did give me a decent haircut but I do not like someone talking and doing other business when cutting my hair ... so never went back.

May experience with Sandra is that she listens and she does what you ask.  She takes her time, she does not overbook, you are her focus until she is finished and until you are happy.  She also gives a great pedicure and manicure.  It is a pleasant, quiet environment which I really like.  One of my pet peeves is a lot of talking going on when someone is supposed to be paying attention to my cut or my feet :) 

6 hours ago, Wookie said:

Sandra at Ganesha Spa in San Antonio.  766-5653   I have been to all mentioned above over the last 13 years and would not darken the door of any of them again.  They will all give you a good haircut (maybe) once or twice and then not so much.  Chrisy listens and then does what she wants to do,  I came out of Panache with one side cut and the other not so much, Jim at Glorioso left me looking like Sponge Bob.  Yoli did give me a decent haircut but I do not like someone talking and doing other business when cutting my hair ... so never went back.

May experience with Sandra is that she listens and she does what you ask.  She takes her time, she does not overbook, you are her focus until she is finished and until you are happy.  She also gives a great pedicure and manicure.  It is a pleasant, quiet environment which I really like.  One of my pet peeves is a lot of talking going on when someone is supposed to be paying attention to my cut or my feet :) 

Wookie, I agree with you about the others mentioned.  Regarding Ganesha, have you had any color treatments on your hair using Sandra or another stylist?  I have high and low lights and roots done periodically and need a new salon.  I follow your regular comments and value your advise.

Thanks, ibarra.  Yes, she does my color and I have been very pleased.  If you call for an appointment you will need to request a day and time.  They will call and check with her and call you back.  Sandra isn't there every day all day long.  She only comes to the salon when she has an appointment.  I hope if you try her that you are as pleased as I am with her work.

I also recommend Sandra at Ganesha Spa in San Antonio. I have no experience with hair color but her cuts are great. I have allergies, so I really like that she has a single room so I don't sit in a room full of odd chemical smells. And as Wookie said, she listens.

Paty Muñoz at PATRISS.   Pink awning on the west side of Encarnacion Rosas, two doors down from the tienda on the corner of Guadalupe Victoria  and Encarnacion Rosas.  Stylist/Colorist.

‭(331) 756-7345‬

She has done my cut and color for years.   And I’m a bit adventurous.  But if you say “cut the ends, and no more than 1/4 inch” she will do exactly what you asked for, 1/4”.  Or if you ask for a specific color you will get the specific color.  

Paty is talented, creative, attentive ... and there isn’t a lot of noise since she is a one person salon.  I had tried Paty on Galeana, Susana, Yoli, Edith... and a few more.  

She also does manicures and pedicures.... 

Panache is so overpriced and proud of it.  Lulu at Blue Moon (Hacienda del Lago)  is the best!  Very serene place, she takes her time, does not cut too short and cuts grow out beautifully.  I look forward to my time there.  Edith is great but cuts way too short and inconsistently, Yoly is too busy chatting up the world and cuts are lopsided, plus the place is a zoo.  All are nice people but Lulu is the best I've ever had. 

Archived