Chapala.com Webboard

16 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Looking to buy an inexpensive pedestal birdbath, more for the birds than me. Has anybody seen them for sale locally?

There used to be a cement statuary-for-gardens including bird baths, lake side on the carreterra in the west side of Ajijic. They moved to the East end, mountain side, near a furniture tent.  Not sure if they're still there or what you have in mind as "inexpensive".  We went whole hog and bought a three level fountain style.  It's much enjoyed by the birds since they have a choice of full immersion,  a shower, or a drinking spout at the top.  It's great fun to watch them.

Yes that place was stone not cement. Cement birdbaths eventually disintegrate.

For inexpensive you probably want plastic or fiberglass. I will look around.

1 hour ago, cedros said:

Yes that place was stone not cement. Cement birdbaths eventually disintegrate.

For inexpensive you probably want plastic or fiberglass. I will look around.

Thanks. I too disintegrate and I need it for no more than 30 months. Concrete is what I call inexpensive and a lighter weight one would be blown off my mirador, its intended location. I wish one like this, plain and simple:

d4b5ae32-6d25-40e4-ba15-2dbd96e1f38d_100

For lighter weight ones I have seem people put a large roundish stone in the middle to stop it from getting blown around.

50 minutes ago, cedros said:

For lighter weight ones I have seem people put a large roundish stone in the middle to stop it from getting blown around.

I can't do that as I am going to place a solar fountain in the middle of it.

solar-fountain-bird-bath.jpg

Archived