Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside Food Delivery

ComputerGuy

Have not tried them yet, but I did get the information.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Lakeside-Food-Delivery-571894393182101/

*Restaurant Italo.
*Gossips.
*Tabarka Restaurante.
*Masayume.
*El Rincon de Giovanni.
*Merendero Lake Burgers.
*Emma's Deli.

$55p to Riberas.

You call them and order from menus they send you.

Yes, you call the delivery service and they call the restaurant to order for you. Hoping to try it tomorrow. I asked their hours... and they depend entirely on the hours of the restaurants' menus. They just sent me a bunch of menus via email. No idea how fast or careful they are, but if the are any good at all, I am really hoping they succeed.

I have been told by another that they would pick up from any restaurant, and I must also check if the delivery fee is from each restaurant... so that, if two of us order from different places, that counts as two. I would think so.

I see from Masayumo's that they have modified the menu for takeout, which is a very good idea. So that is one instance where having a 'registered' restaurant makes sense.

I hope it works out for you.  We have Uber Eats and a couple of other services in the City.  The main difference is we do the ordering on-line.  It is nice to have warm donuts delivered the first thing in the morning.  HAHAHAHA

I just ordered from Jessica whi also delivered my food. Got Emma’s soup and sandwich. Very good service and food was here in about 30 minutes. Hopefully they will get some more restaurants signed up!  Was only 40 pesos delivery to San Antonio!

I've now ordered twice. The friendliest service, and promptly delivered. 40p to Chula Vista, 55p to Riberas.

Saturday was paella from Tabarka, and I have to say that restaurant served up a great deal at $125p a plate, with bread, aioli, and enough fish, shrimp and molluscs to fill me up and have leftovers. (They don't use saffron, I guess, but the red rice was perfectly cooked, as were all the ingredients.) Arrived within the hour.

Today for lunch I went crazy and ordered from Mendenero burgers. "All out" of ostrich, but the venison burger was fine: big, loaded, plus thick bacon strips, and all the accoutrements on the side. 99p, so I will stick with the 89p "normal" burgers, but it comes with fries, and that seems a good price. Plus I got onion rings, some of the best around here, Azteca soup (all the proper ingredients kept separately), and fries. Fries are not the best thing to be stuck in a styrofoam container and then a heater bag, but they tasted good, while the rings were crunchy. Arrived within an hour of calling.

If these kids can keep this up, we will all benefit. They are pleasant and responsive to suggestions, and fast. They will send you menus, which at the suggestion of one customer they converted to PDF files: much better than a buncha .jpgs. I printed them out for future ref.

A few pesos to get fun food delivered? Sweet.

And here is another Lakeside Food Delivery Service.  I talked to their manager and liked his way of working (I might even use them to deliver chocolate bars/gifts).  He claims to even be less expensive than the Ajijic delivery service.

They also deliver other items, .... like if you need something from a hardware store or so

Here is a link to his service :

https://traitte.ordering.co

Rony

Good point, and as "luck" would have it, my PCs WiFi was disconnected. A PC with WiFi can geolocate. It's working now.... mostly: a few houses off. I have edited my remarks, thank you.

I was very pleased with their first delivery to me. To Mirasol, delivery service is 50 p.

I asked them in an email how customers were handling tips. Their answer:  "Customers regularly give 15% or more."

I tipped 15% of the total food bill plus the delivery fee.

When I used to order pizza from Perry's there was a delivery charge, which annoyed me.  But I tipped the delivery guy, of course.

This new delivery service is a great way to get decent meals from good restaurants, at a price. I'm delighted with the choices. Plus, I'm beside myself with joy for the time and effort it spares me in the kitchen.  I hope they make enough money to stay in business.  We'll probably use the service a couple of times a week.

Lexy

• 5 months later...

I have taken advantage of the delivery service several times, and was disappointed to see that their Web page now says "Temporarily closed for improvements". Around here, that's just a pleasant way of saying "Gone forever", usually. I guess it was not a sustainable business model. Too bad.

I used them a number of times. Great idea. Very efficient. But you know, a meal from your favorite restaurant loses something packed into styrofoam containers. It's a downer. The charge for the meal is just what it is on the in-house menu--without the pleasant setting and a waiter to serve the meal. I once frankly asked what most people were tipping for the service--over the delivery charge--and was told 20%. Hmmm.

Lexy

The last time I ordered, I was told the tip was included in the price I was given. Apparently, YMMV. 😃

No idea when this went up, but there is now a message on the website:

“Lakeside Food Delivery” will remain closed until further notice, do to improvements for a better service. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I think it's crazy to tip a service like this, when their sole job... their reason for being... is to pick up and deliver. And that's what they charge for. So why tip a delivery person, who charges for the delivery, extra?

And if you must tip, why tip on the amount of the bill? No one at the restaurant is getting any of that, and they did the preparation, and they got paid the menu price. The waitstaff don't get anything out of the deal, and that's just fine... would you then go to the restaurant the next day and tip a waiter because he missed out when you ordered takeout? For exactly the same reason, you don't tip the delivery company.

And that's completely different than paying a delivery person, who is hired by the restaurant and expected to receive tips to keep the salary low.

Is this service still functioning? There was a lot of space between the May postings and those of Tuesday when Sea posted that the website says: “Lakeside Food Delivery” will remain closed until further notice, do to improvements for a better service. Sorry for the inconvenience." Also it would be helpful to know if the delivery guys are paid employees or depending on tips. 

For this business formula to work the restaurants have to design dishes which are easy to make/assemble and travel well. I believe this is what Uber Eats has done. They provide professionals to work with restaurants on their take out menus. This factor, as well as sticking to populated areas means they can deliver a meal in under 15 minutes. Another hot growth area is delivering meal kits, which include all the fresh ingredients.

23 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Is this service still functioning? There was a lot of space between the May postings and those of Tuesday when Sea posted that the website says: “Lakeside Food Delivery” will remain closed until further notice, do to improvements for a better service. Sorry for the inconvenience." Also it would be helpful to know if the delivery guys are paid employees or depending on tips. 

Does anyone have an answer to these questions?  Gracias.

Archived