Chapala.com Webboard

Car emission ticket

Does anyone know the location of the Government office in Chapala where you can have the ticket

(issued to me last week for failing to have an emission sticker), cancelled. (One has 14 days to show your new

ticket - and they will cancel the summons.)   Intrasito office by the old city Hall will not handle this .

I would be most grateful to hear from anyone who has found where  the office is.

Many thanks in advance.

Was your emission test due according to the last digit of your plate number? Right now 1, 2, 3 and 4 are due. Not 5 because you have til the end of May to get it done. 6, 7, 8, and 9 are not due until later in the year. I would have thought that the Transitos could handle that as they issued the ticket. Try the Recordadoras office on Degallado where you pay the annual vehicle license fee.

Thanks- went to the Recordadoras office on Degallado- no luck there either- turned me away.

(BTW. The irony is that the police vehicle that stopped me did not have a current sticker in his window)

After 12 years still getting used to Mexico.

I did it today.  From the Recoradora office go one block north and 1 block west.  Small door and Federal sign on the north side of street.  You will need copies.  2 of the ticket and 2 of the certification and vehicle registration card.  No problem and ladies were pleasant.    Real easy.  

Archived