Chapala.com Webboard

Alex's Pasta Bar

gogirl

Is Alex's Pasta Bar open?

I can't reach them on facebook or with the two phone numbers that I have. 

9 hours ago, WideSky said:

Found this on FB - To celebrate our anniversary as Tripadvisor’s NUMBER ONE restaurant in Ajijic, ALEX’S PASTA BAR is happy to announce the debut of our fresh new menu when we reopen May 10.

Thank you WideSky.

9 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

We like this place but it could hardly be ranked as the #1 place in Ajijic.  Sometimes I wonder where Trip Advisor gets this stuff.

I was wondering about that, too, but Trip Advisor is often "out there" in rating other things, like hotels.  I'm guessing the ratings are related to how many people take the time to give them reviews.  (BTW, I have no opinion on Alex's since I haven't eaten there.)

Yes, gringal is correct, plus one must take into consideration the ability of any "reviewer" to qualify. One thing: a lot of people on TripAdvisor are on vacation, and everything is better and more fun on vacation. To me, TripAdvisor is a waste of time.

There was a pizza place in Ottawa voted "#1 Pizza in Town!". When I asked the owner what poll he was using, he said "Some guy who comes told me it was the best pizza in town..."

And sadly ALEX’S PASTA BAR used to be called Alex's Pizza and Pasta Bar. These days the word Pizza has been removed from the outside wall, and they no longer serve pizza.

Archived