Chapala.com Webboard

Real estate quandary

Friends of ours sold their house in the latter part of 2017, they would like to do the right thing and register the documentation .Apparently the rules and location for this process have changed  this year, obviously they are receiving numerous contradictory suggestions and information from  all and sundry .They have tried their realtor, various lawyers and accountants to no avail Has anyone “ out there” managed to accomplish this...details would well appreciated. Please could the usual trolls...you know who you are or should ...keep their powder dry.....”just the facts please”

Ian, this sounds a bit mysterious.  Surely the purchasers would have been more than anxious to straighten this out earlier and before they parted with the money?    It is my understanding that only notarios can deal with real estate sales/purchases and subsequent registrations.  Perhaps your friends should speak with a good one.  I suggest Ramos Uriarte on Guerrero in Chapala.

Ian, I was under the impression that any tax owing would have been scooped at the time of the transaction.  Perhaps the documents from the notario, which your friends should have, will cast light on this?  Otherwise he is the person to whom your friends should speak.  Maybe no tax was owing?  

Archived