Chapala.com Webboard

Final Bitcoin discussion of the season

This friday April 27th we will be holding our last Bitcoin discussion of the season at 4pm. Samy Kovac, our Bitcoin and cryptocurrency expert will be available to answer any questions you may have and other attendees  have also offered their experiences and knowledge for an interesting exchange of ideas. No matter what your level of involvement, all are welcome. The meeting will be held at "Jasmine's Classic India" located at Parroquia #12A on the Ajijic plaza. For more info: tablatal@yahoo.com or 376-766-2636

Adios for now, Nancy

2 hours ago, NLU said:

A notable quote from the story:

‘It’s a colossal pump-and-dump scheme, the likes of which the world has never seen... the losers are ill-informed buyers caught up in the spiral of greed. The result is a massive transfer of wealth from ordinary families to internet promoters.’

Bill Harris

My problem with this is that by holding the event at their restaurant, these two very nice people, the owners, are conferring an air of legitimacy on it.  I read the same article in the financial news as the above posters and  I agree with them.  It's a scam that retired people on a fixed income shouldn't touch.

If you don't want to participate in a real discussion about cryptocurrencies, don't come. No one is forcing anyone to become informed. This is not so sell anyone anything,but simply to discuss. If anyone wants to contact Samy after the meeting, that is their choice. There is a lot of misinformation out there, often from "experts" who bad mouth it in public and purchase in secret. There are several nations that are developing their own local versions of cryptocurrency to better suit their needs.  In a world where the fiat US petrodollar is in jeopardy, wouldn't it be important to your investment strategy  to aquaint yourself with some of the possibilities out there? What is a good store of value? How much diversification should be in your porfolio? Gold/silver, property, Bitcoin, stock/bonds, cash? These are real discussions that affect millions of people ,so why try to quash debate?  Whether  retired or still working we all need to make these decisions and of course, never risk money you don't have or put all your eggs in one basket....

8 minutes ago, solajijic said:

Under certain circumstances pork bellies can be a good thing.

......which is why I might be persuaded to part with them.

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

Why try to promote a scam?

They don't appear to think it's a scam, so it was appropriate for others to quote nay-saying, well established peoples' opinions for consideration by those who will be attending.

What will you asking for those pork bellies, Pappysmarket, if you can bring yourself to sell them?😎

10 hours ago, gringal said:

They don't appear to think it's a scam, so it was appropriate for others to quote nay-saying, well established peoples' opinions for consideration by those who will be attending.

What will you asking for those pork bellies, Pappysmarket, if you can bring yourself to sell them?😎

Haha, remember I said I might be persuaded so am still waiting for offers, lol. Not holding my breath ya know. 🙉

33 minutes ago, gringal said:

Will you accept an offer in Bitcoin?  Oops; just remembered I don't have any.

Wow, glad you don't have any because I would like to have some but with all the pork bellies I don't know where I'd find room for all those Bitcoins. I seem to have lots of jars full of pesos and I read Bitcoins are a lot bigger so I'll have to hold off until I get a bigger place. Sure wish I still lived at lakeside so I could attend that discussion, I don't think they sell them down here. If they did, I'm sure I would have seen the beach vendors with them and never have. I'll ask a vendor next time I'm at the beach. Saw a great T shirt though the other day on a guy walking by "Don't Even Waste Your Time".  "Sorry, not interested in bracelets today but do you have any Bitcoins I can look at?"

Archived