Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox Subscription Update

2 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Not surea bout the TelMex Internet complaint; as long as I had power after the storm, I had Internet. No phone, but Internet.

Maybe next time it will no internet, but phone.

SunFan

P.S. Is it at all apparent that I have a deep-seated and well deserved  hatred of TelMex?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an immense dislike for the people who "work" at the Ajijic TelMex office, but I have no problem over the last few years with the Internet service. I can tell you, it goes out less frequently than Bell Canada Internet back up in Ottawa (my son is a senior tech there).

However, I do live in Riberas, and for various reasons, including the new Presbyterian church installation, our infrastructure  has been well-maintained. Coupled with the VDSL installations a few years ago, which allowed the doubling of many users' speeds (at the lowest end, up from 2 to 5Mbps for the majority), and giving me now over 40, I can't complain. With this technology, the separation of phone and Internet is so good that most times when the phone is out, the Internet stays on.

The concept that both Izzi cable and TelMex now have, which is "no customer service ever", is crass and slothful. This pee-poor attitude, which now includes tech support from head office in Mexico City, full of lies and double-talk, is pathetic and should be grounds for shutting down the company.

But I cannot complain about the service to my house. I've lived in Riberas in several places over the last 15 years, and service has gone from dialup to what I get now, with no extra charge.

12 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

I have an immense dislike for the people who "work" at the Ajijic TelMex office, but I have no problem over the last few years with the Internet service. I can tell you, it goes out less frequently than Bell Canada Internet back up in Ottawa (my son is a senior tech there).

However, I do live in Riberas, and for various reasons, including the new Presbyterian church installation, our infrastructure  has been well-maintained. Coupled with the VDSL installations a few years ago, which allowed the doubling of many users' speeds (at the lowest end, up from 2 to 5Mbps for the majority), and giving me now over 40, I can't complain. With this technology, the separation of phone and Internet is so good that most times when the phone is out, the Internet stays on.

The concept that both Izzi cable and TelMex now have, which is "no customer service ever", is crass and slothful. This pee-poor attitude, which now includes tech support from head office in Mexico City, full of lies and double-talk, is pathetic and should be grounds for shutting down the company.

But I cannot complain about the service to my house. I've lived in Riberas in several places over the last 15 years, and service has gone from dialup to what I get now, with no extra charge.

Is this a kind of technology that can be extended into other areas?

I too have an android Mecool box and I would advise getting /paying for a top line box having at least 3gb ram and 32 gb rom.  especially down here actually 4 ram is even better.  I am pretty lucky in Chapala I get 6-9 speed most of the time. I have had andoid boxes for at least 5 years here and I finally got upset with Buffering happening at the most inopportune times on free Tv. No I found a Pay tv client who gives great service and ONLY live TV as this is being pretty well ignored by lawsuits. Live channels  UK,USA,and Canada as well as mexico and other languages. no buffering to speak of.

On 5/9/2018 at 8:56 AM, ComputerGuy said:

the VDSL installations a few years ago, which allowed the doubling of many users' speeds (at the lowest end, up from 2 to 5Mbps for the majority) "

Would this technology accomplish the same result in other areas, like Chapala?  If so, what would it take to implement it in other areas?

The VDSL technology does not require hardware upgrades at the customer end. It is all done at the head end, mostly with software, so you would have to call Mexico City and ask if it is in place for your area.

I do agree with most of the information about Shaw but there are some  ways around the problems. !. yes if you don't have a phone with a Canadian number don't phone them. I have a Magic jack that I have a number on it so I use that as they do ask when you sign up for the contact number for your account. After that you can do your business on chat line. but the Canadian phone is safest. 

There are some contacts you can get an account through. you do have to pay a fee for managing your account yearly. Some are less expensive than others.

I have been reading most of the startup information on this website, I am pretty interested in the iLox but I live in Chapala. Now I know people are saying that 10-20 should be enough but for the future the plan is first class. I am waiting to see if the ball is started to negotiate construction to this area is a must. I cannot believe all the negative comments and confusion by some people I would like to compliment Tom Kessler for his hard work I know it is difficult working with many experts??

I have been tinkering with boxes for years and using inexpensive boxes with only 1 gb ram and 8 rom. I used  Kodi all the time and yes you need to upgrade all the time. I finally decided to get a new box 3gb ram and 32 rom as it was more consistent to use with new APK programs. I got fed up tinkering so much trying to get everything free that I had to change my strategy. I now use Terrarium for (free movies) and  Eternaltv which is live TV and satisfies  Canadians, British and USA users. the cost of this is minimum if you have a couple of user friends even less. The only problem is Internet speed for users with 2 or 3mb probably wont work. I do not know how long these systems will continue to be there but right now it is the best I can do. I personally will not use many of the free apps anymore.

Back to iLox...

I just got my phone AND internet back yesterday afternoon after being out for three weeks. I'm happy BUT I am really glad that I already signed up and paid for iLox. I want alternatives and always plan for the future based on Murphy's Law. Backups to the backup.

I am more than willing to stick my neck out because I know that there are many who cannot afford to do so. So, if iLox goes through then others may follow with a connect for just the monthly fee which is pretty much the same as the cost of phone and internet from Telmex.

If you can, please do. It's an investment in the future and signing up at Ajijic Realty (opposite Tango) is very easy and painless. Ask for Nellie who is totally bilingual. It's a short walk up to Bancomer to pay.

Received this e-mail from Nelly at Ajijic Realty today... "duds" is "dudas" or "doubts" in English.

Hello Everyone,

Just for let you know that Ilox is still working on getting new clients for the initial step and start with the project of internet through optical fiber, telephone and television with the best quality, we are very close to get the goal of subscribers!! 

If you know some person that can be interested in that new option for internet, telephone and television, tell it that they can come with me and i can give them more information about the service... 

If you have any question or duds, let me know by email, telephone or visit me in Ajijic Real Estate!

Best Regards,

Saludos cordiales,

Nelly

Ajijic Real Estate

Ph: 01 (376) 766 2077

receptionist@ajijic.com

Archived