Chapala.com Webboard

New ios for iphone. Heads UP!

Ferret

Just a warning... or maybe these things only happen to me. I downloaded the new ios last night. Now my iPhone will not connect to anything and it's telling me to "renew lease". Whuh? Considering I just paid last week for another month (and have the text message to prove it), I don't know exactly what's going on. Either don't download it yet or anyone got any ideas?

This may work: unplug and replug your modem, just to ensure you have a new "lease" on that, then go into the WiFi settings on your phone. Tell it to FORGET your current WiFi connection, and when the modem is sending again, punch in the WiFi security code. iPhones are known to require that kind of refresh from time to time.

9 minutes ago, tomgates said:

If you are talking about IOS 11.3, downloaded it a week ago and no problems. I have an iPhone 6S.

That's it. Electronics are such a joy until they don't work. Guess it's just me.

Okay, I've told the phone to "forget" the connection, unplugged the modem, restarted the modem and gone through the re-entering of the modem password. Nothing. I've rebooted it twice. Nothing. Still says "no service". I called Mike and am ready to "reboot" the phone across the room. Time for another coffee.

After I click on the little i and then click renew lease, I have two headings. One is Configure DNS and mine says "automatic" and HTTP proxy: configure proxy is "OFF".

I'm not in familiar territory here. Next?

12 hours ago, Ferret said:

After I click on the little i and then click renew lease, I have two headings. One is Configure DNS and mine says "automatic" and HTTP proxy: configure proxy is "OFF".

I'm not in familiar territory here. Next?

I know you have done a few other things since your last post, but I thought it wise to answer anyway. One generally wants to keep automatic for the DSN settings, and Proxy: Off, so those settings are already good. Setting those up manually would require some knowledge and most likely would have to do with trying to bypass TelCel's servers (not necessary) and/or use a VPN service.

Well, I'm prepared for the worst. After googling until my eyes googled, this problem does happen. One of the suggestions was to remove the sim card and then re-insert it... but there are no little holes to put a paperclip into and I highly suspect that I have a fake iPhone 6 plus.

https://www.payetteforward.com/my-iphone-says-no-service-heres-the-real-fix/

Archived