Chapala.com Webboard

snowbird"s lament

Stymie

Got you beat there BCdoug. In the '83/84 season, we skied Whistler from November 15th 'til the May long weekend in '84. Granted that by late April, we were only skiing the top half of the mountain in the morning... and playing golf at the bottom of the mountain in the afternoon. We had permanent smiles plastered on our faces.

Sounds like you were NOT a snow bunny.   I still ski every year, how about you?   Just bought new Salomon skis and new Killtec ski jacket, so I plan on many more years of skiing.   My wife is from CA originally, but since she moved to BC in 2003, she enjoys skiing every year.   He knee health may become an issue. 

Unfortunately, we stopped skiing when my hubby had one hip replaced at age 50. It wasn't HIS skiing they were worried about... just all the other yahoo's that might crash into him. He was a beautiful skier and he taught me to ski. In the chairlift, all the way up, we would sing  "You take me up where we belong, Where the eagles fly, On a mountain high".  Enjoy it as long as you can. 

That is why my wife usually doesn't ski weekends;  too many snowboarders ripping by at high speed. 

I had stopped skiing double blacks due to 50 years of arthritis in my lower back, but a friend, who has the ski locker next to mine, suggested skiing the moguls a little wider and now I am back to skiing double blacks again, although not all day anymore.     this friend had 2 knee replacements and he skis double blacks all day, I do not know how he does it. 

A beautiful skier I am not, but most  of them had parents who started them young.   Muscle memory is a beautiful thing.    

I  thought you were singing the John Denver song - Rocky Colorado High - but apparently you had original lyrics - sounds like a magical time 83/84 

Archived