Chapala.com Webboard

Plasma Replacement Therapy & Stem Cell Replacement

Zeb

You might want to tell us just what you are considering these procedures for.... as they are different if, for example, it is to treat cancer vs joint repair.

The terminology you may be talking about for joints is generally Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy and Stem Cell Therapy... not replacement.

17 hours ago, RickS said:

You might want to tell us just what you are considering these procedures for.... as they are different if, for example, it is to treat cancer vs joint repair.

The terminology you may be talking about for joints is generally Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy and Stem Cell Therapy... not replacement.

Procedure would be for multiple conditions, which may require injections in different areas.  Tri-arthritis, bad knees, back and hips.  I believe what we want is the Stem Cell Therapy, although we want whatever will work.  From what I have read, that SCT is superior to the PRP.

SCT as you call it and PRP are NOT necessarily competing procedures where one is better than the other. To further enrich blood supply to the damaged areas, and consequently promote tissue regeneration, platelet-rich plasma could be used in conjunction with stem cells or it can be used ‘alone’ to help promote healing or regrowth in some cases. 

The ‘best’ source of stem cells is from one’s bone marrow. And the ‘best’ way to inject this and PRP is by using fluoroscopy guided injections to get real-time images of where the needle (and thus stem cells) is being placed. Shy of that one can ‘miss the target’ by enough to make the injections almost worthless. This is not horseshoes (or handgranades!) 

Not many small places are going to have this equipment (or be able to harvest bone marrow), but to get long-lasting results research shows that this approach cannot be short-cut. 

Dr Alejandro Marquez he is traumatologist and work with plasma and hialuronic acid , on every kind of bone joints and  replacement to. he is working on guadalajara but can be at home to. 

he speak an exelent english the number of contact is 00521-3314577668

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 9:33 PM, RickS said:

SCT as you call it and PRP are NOT necessarily competing procedures where one is better than the other. To further enrich blood supply to the damaged areas, and consequently promote tissue regeneration, platelet-rich plasma could be used in conjunction with stem cells or it can be used ‘alone’ to help promote healing or regrowth in some cases. 

The ‘best’ source of stem cells is from one’s bone marrow. And the ‘best’ way to inject this and PRP is by using fluoroscopy guided injections to get real-time images of where the needle (and thus stem cells) is being placed. Shy of that one can ‘miss the target’ by enough to make the injections almost worthless. This is not horseshoes (or handgranades!) 

Not many small places are going to have this equipment (or be able to harvest bone marrow), but to get long-lasting results research shows that this approach cannot be short-cut. 

This is really a fascinating topic.  It is cutting edge and there are different opinions among doctors.  We just watched a very informative docuseries on this very topic. There were several experts who have quite a bit of experience and have done much study.   Insofar as the best source of stem cells, turns out there is a better source than the bone narrow.  There are thousands (millions?--can't remember what they said exactly) more Mesenchymal stem cells in one's fatty tissue.  The other advantages are (1)easier, less invasive to get from the body, and (2) not painful for the patient. 

I wish everyone could watch this as it so amazing.  It fixes issues rather than manages them.

Yes, there is debate about bone marrow vs liposuction of fat. You suggest 'several experts' and I suspect there are many. This surgeon, who was the first physician in the US to use stem cells to treat orthopedic problems, has this to say:  https://regenexx.com/fat-vs-bone-marrow-stem-cells-2/

At the end of the day it might be a toss-up as to who to believe. Since my wife has just completed stem cell procedures from this clinic in Denver, I guess we are going to err on the side of their word (after she did TONS of research on the subject).

YMMV

Archived