Chapala.com Webboard

House water pressure system

cedros

The water pressure system (tank with membrane or bladder, and pump) in the house I'm at is acting up. I know nothing about these systems and I'm not sure if I trust what the owners and plumbers say about it. I posted about this when this Board was acting up and someone suggested I contact a plumber called Arturo who was quite knowledgeable about these systems. That post seems to have disappeared. Does anyone have the contact number for this Arturo?

3 hours ago, cedros said:

The water pressure system (tank with membrane or bladder, and pump) in the house I'm at is acting up. I know nothing about these systems and I'm not sure if I trust what the owners and plumbers say about it. I posted about this when this Board was acting up and someone suggested I contact a plumber called Arturo who was quite knowledgeable about these systems. That post seems to have disappeared. Does anyone have the contact number for this Arturo?

Take out your tire pressure gauge and check the stem sticking out of the top of the pressure. It should read 30 PSI on most systems. If not and it varies when the pump comes on it should not drop below that 30 PSI though it can go above it. IF it drops below 30 PSI then the bladder may be broken. Check for that by letting a little air out of the schrader valve., if you get water the bladder is breached and needs replaced. Ask at the Plumireo store or hardware if they have bladders. To install turn off the water pump and open faucets to relieve pressure and afterwards remove the bladder through the hole on top and stuff the new one in and pressurize.

Thanks geezer. The stem sticking out of the top shows 50psi. I will check again after water use. When the plumber checked it last week some water came out there but not when I just checked. Is this the same as the Schrader valve? Apparently this model has a membrane not a bladder. A plumber from the water/pump store on Hidalgo west Chapala is coming shortly.

Archived