Chapala.com Webboard

Casa Linda

heidinrick

I wanted to start another thread about this excellent restaurant. Heidi and I have not experienced the "noisey" situation as we usually eat our big meal around 2:30-3:00. I can't remenber the last time we went out for a meal at night! What I do know is that Casa Linda is our very favorite restaurant here at Lakeside. I've had everytning from their breakfast burrito to their Rack of Lamb and have been absolutely thrilled with the quality of the food. We were there again yesterday and had the Fettuccini Carbonara. Heidi ordered a side salad....excellent. our waitress brought the bill and a minute later returned and said that they had made a mistake and over charged us on the salad and corrected the bill. This impressed me greatly. I guess if the noise was a problem, I'd wear ear plugs to eat there!? 

Well, there is nothing wrong with your tastebuds or food awareness, so I'm going to chalk this one up to the luck of the draw, based on all the other non-plussed reviews. For me, the noise is restricted to the middle and back area, where the acoustics are maddening.

Last Friday was the first time in almost 4 years that the restaurant was completely full, meaning outside seating all main dining area and the VIP area, as well we had one group of 32 guests that,we were grateful for, that we're all seated together, not allowing the normal spacing that occurs under normal circumstances reducing the volume. Even when we have had events such as Galen and others we have never had the volume we had this past Saturday imcluding News Years Eve and others which are sell outs. 

We will be looking for solutions and thank one and all for their support and understanding. Alejandro has added additional wait staff to help as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived