Chapala.com Webboard

The white building is gone?

giltner68

I'm looking at Earth Google and maybe I was looking in the wrong place, was it between bridge #2 and #1 or East of #2? There is still a long building between the bridges, maybe I was looking in the wrong place? After dodging traffic and picking my way through Nuevo Laredo and getting diverted into the Sentri lane by the policia I was frazzled.

2 hours ago, giltner68 said:

I must be getting old?

Still almost under Bridge #2. at least it was 2 weeks ago. Cross Bridge #2( coming from USA), continue on for about 1 mile, turn left at first signal light that has a left turn lane, and double back on the "feeder" road. Continue under Bridge #2 until you see the buildings on your left, about 1 mile.

16 or 17 years ago when we started to drive here, people told us how difficult it was to find the place(s) to get our proper permits if crossing "downtown" in Laredo..

It was suggested that we cross at Colombia/Solidarity.  We did for the next 10 years.

Sounds like that suggestion is still valid today.

10 hours ago, Oatsie said:

16 or 17 years ago when we started to drive here, people told us how difficult it was to find the place(s) to get our proper permits if crossing "downtown" in Laredo..

It was suggested that we cross at Colombia/Solidarity.  We did for the next 10 years.

Sounds like that suggestion is still valid today.

Actually, today it is not in the same place it was that long ago. Now it is easy to find and very convenient.

Archived