Chapala.com Webboard

TELMEX INTERNET PROBLEM?

ezpz

My internet has been dependable for years until recently, it seems to just drop out for no apparent reason.  Is this because there are so many gringos in town now downloading Netflix?  Or solar flares?  Or something else?  I live a block from Telmex in Ajijic and don't usually have this problem.  It also seemed this website has been glitchy, it's taken me several days to be able to post this.  Gracias!

You can try the old reliable factory reset. Locate the pinhole on the back and stick a sharp object in for 30 seconds or so, until all the lights flash like crazy. This move cause the modem to clear itself out. I've seen amazing results: PCs that couldn't connect, now connect. Websites that wouldn't open, now open. A good first step.

It sounds like more than transitory loss from the network; I see this often. In any case, resetting a modem can only help, rarely hinder. (Except of course in the case where the modem was near death anyway, and the reset finally kills it; or if you are using a third-party router and/or have manually changed your SSID or password... things the majority of users never do.)

Secondarily, yes, this board has been having some kind of software problem the last week or so. Pages not responding, difficulty posting, that kind of thing. A thread of Lomas del Manglar has vanished, which is normally something only an Admin can do, but it was not a controversial thread, so there was no reason to take it down.

This intermittent so-called service has been a problem for me here in Lower La Floresta forever. It happens in the morning; it happens in the afternoon; it happens in the evening. 

We, the users, care!

Telemex, the so-called providers, don't care!

We. the users, waste our time trying to restart either or both our computer or the modem. Usually to no avail. We call Telemex witch is like wrestling with a tar baby. We post out complaints here to  no avail cuz bitchin' to one another is useless.

Though CG's suggestions help once in a while.

Internet is a service which we all have come to rely on, and the two local providers just don't give a shit as long as they're the only game in town.

Hopefully, we'll get some competition here soon, but I'm more hoping than I am optimistic.

1 hour ago, bedbug said:

So support the movement of Ilox into town.

Its the only way to get competent internet service. TelMex will not respond if they sense no competition.

Don't sit on the sidelines waiting for others to get the job done. Sign up with iLox.

SunFan

Archived