Chapala.com Webboard

California Select American cheese slices at CostCo

ComputerGuy

For years I have been getting that brand at CostCo; a rather large package of "real" processed cheese slices, not the stuff that turns to oil if  you leave it on the countertop. Now they have stopped carrying it, and instead they offer Kirkland brand. Has anyone tried these? You have to buy a lot, and if they are no good, I don't want to be stuck with them.

The California brand still sells sliced Gouda, Jack and Provolone at CostCo. Their "American" style reminded me of Kraft when I was a kid: thick, tasty, cheesy.

I have purchased it and so far it seems just about the same to me.

As always, YMMV

I love the snowbirds who love to offer a comment sometimes when picking it out of the case. "Hey, ya know that's not real cheese".  No s##t Sherlock.  The same ones who pay for a plain hamburger at the Legion and when it's their turn say to the server "Go ahead and throw a slice of cheese on there".  Been there, seen that.

19 hours ago, Tiny said:

WOW. CG looking for American products. What has this world come to? HAHAHAHAHA

So not so new to this board are you? Harassment of other posters still isn't appreciated here.

22 minutes ago, Xena said:

Harassment? Really? 

Meanwhile...there was another poster who sort of disappeared and who lived in Guadalajara, had no connections to what's going on in the lakeside area but who posted prolifically on here.  Is the new guy who also lives in Guadalajara and has only seen two gringos (at the consulate)and who is also prolifically posting...his identical twin?  A mo' deeper question?Just curious.:ph34r::lol:

Archived