Chapala.com Webboard

Salvador's closing April 1?

Mainecoons

20 hours ago, zerbit said:

Maybe I'm the only one who won't miss it. Underwhelming food and cranky clientele. Table of Knowledge? LOL, almost as bad as the folks who fancy themselves the "A list"

In these troubled times of the table of knowledge persons who are also,  no doubt,self appointed A listers not knowing where to go, perhaps some of us lesser lights can suggest to them where they can go.

4 minutes ago, gringal said:

I see you don't live Lakeside, where opportunity to see expats from NOB abounds. So?

The "Big G" (Guadalajara). "Go North Side". 20 years ago we looked at Lakeside and said "No thank you". 

20 hours ago, zerbit said:

Maybe I'm the only one who won't miss it. Underwhelming food and cranky clientele. Table of Knowledge? LOL, almost as bad as the folks who fancy themselves the "A list"

You're not alone.:ph34r:

I first heard the term "A lister" here and haven't yet figured out what criteria the members use to declare themselves worthy of it.  Uh, "intelligence" or "talent" or "contributions to society"....oh, wait, lets try "wealth".  That one ought to do it.:lol:

44 minutes ago, ned small said:

In these troubled times of the table of knowledge persons who are also,  no doubt,self appointed A listers not knowing where to go, perhaps some of us lesser lights can suggest to them where they can go.

Dilly dilly

20 minutes ago, gringal said:

You're not alone.:ph34r:

I first heard the term "A lister" here and haven't yet figured out what criteria the members use to declare themselves worthy of it.  Uh, "intelligence" or "talent" or "contributions to society"....oh, wait, lets try "wealth".  That one ought to do it.:lol:

Maybe too much time on their hands. They had to make something up to feel self important.

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:20 AM, Mainecoons said:

Our hands down favorite for breakfast is closing April 1 and the future is unclear?

I am shocked.  This place has been there so long it is an institution!.  Both the Mexican and expat communities pack the place for breakfast on the weekends.  IMO hands down the best value for good old straight ahead U.S. style artery clogging breakfast in town.

What happened?

End of an Era

Archived