Chapala.com Webboard

High Speed Internet Proposal

NLU

Perhaps I should wait for Tom Kessler to post this since he is the one doing all the work, but ...

Tom just spoke with Jessica at Ilox and got an update. 

100 of the 480 signups have either paid in or been returned contracts successfully and are processing payments..

-The other 380 have been a mixture of a barrage of questions, spam and returned emails,  missing data, etc.  Today they are starting to send out individual follow ups and I'll do a posting on facebook. 

If you know anyone who has sent in their data and not received a contract please have them resend their info to info@tvrey.com.mx .

It's a question of getting the process clarified.

Let's get this thing done.

You all have to be as tired of having streaming interrupted as I am.

My thanks too to NLU. Based on what was posted earlier today I resent my data from last month and got a reply within an hour with the contract and payment info. My neighbor never received a response so he too is sending the original response again both to Jessica and info.

The instructions are a bit lacking however. The payment at Bancomer must be made in person which I too did today. ILOX calls it a referenced account, not one that has an account number (cuenta) which can be paid online or by the Bancomer phone app. In addition they want every page of the contract and payment info must be returned even though there are only 4 pages that have signatures. 

Ed and John,

Thanks for taking the lead here....  You are correct on the Bancomer payment.. When Ilox sends you your contracts, they provide a Bancomer account and reference number at the bottom of the deposit agreement.  This is what you take to the Bancomer teller with your payment.  Then you send in your scanned signed contracts and receipt to Ilox.   They also need the originals delivered to their office in GDL so they can get you back a fully signed original.

.Here's the official update on how things are going.

Hi Everyone,

Here's an update on the Ilox situation. Things are going well, but there have been some communications issues. Email in particular may sometimes bounce or not be received. In some cases, people have complained of no response but no signup record has been registered. 

- We are at 480 pledges. Of those 100 have received contracts and completed payment or in the process of doing so. If you have not pledged and wish to do so, here's the link to the signup form: https://goo.gl/2kHdeE and the FAQ: https://goo.gl/CsE574 

- The remaining 380 are a mixture of cases . Some replied to Iloxreconfirmation requests with a barrage of questions, with incomplete or missing data, bounced emails, have missing signup entries, or sent responses that have not been received. Its all over the map,Ilox will go through these one by one and contact you individually. Thanks for your patience while they work through this. They have three people assigned to working through the backlog. 

- If you responded to the Ilox reconfirmation request mail, and have not received a response, please resend it to info@mail.tvrey.com.mx. Make sure it includes a legible copy of your official ID, proof of domicile, plan election, and whether your development receives services via undergrounds ducts or uses CFE poles.

Feel free to copy or message me and I'll follow up too. If you sent in this information, you should receive back from ILOX your personalized contracts and a Bancomer payment reference number.

BR,
Tom Kessler

4 hours ago, tkessler said:

They also need the originals delivered to their office in GDL so they can get you back a fully signed original.

The email from ILOX says:

Los contratos firmados en físicos se deben de hacer llegar a la oficina de Gudalajara para cerrar el proceso como un cliente.
HORARIO: Lunes a Viernes 9pm a 7pm y sabado 9am a 2 pm

How is one supposed to comply when there is no information regarding the location of this office nor information about how to "deliver" the documents? A signed, scanned and emailed document should suffice, no?

I would be satisfied if they take my signed document, sign it, re-scan it and email it back to me. ILOX has the money. The paper behind it doesn't much matter at this point.

John, here's the address from their website:

Ilox Telecom
Av. Lázaro Cárdenas No. 3675

Col.  Chapalita
C.P. 45040 Zapopan, Jal.

You can mail it in..The emailed docs do suffice on a certain level but we're in Mexico and the signed paper is best.  

We'll I am sadden! Ilox cable is about 150 meters from my house in Roca Azul. I have been told by Jessica that they cannot cut into a line to run to a home. I guess you need to be in a populated area where they can install a box to run lines from. I have my two Nursing homes in Jaltepec which their cable will run directly in front of the homes. I was willing to pay for three connections. I just got wifi from telmex repaired after two weeks without service. So I guess I will have to live with telmex lousy service indefinitely.

Thanks Tom for your efforts just bad luck because I have chosen to live in rural areas.   

This whole process is not inspiring any confidence with me. I answered the original email in February. It was not answered, so I sent another last week, Again unanswered.

Also I am administrator of a small condo development. We have had an engineer tryng to get answers from Ilox about installation of fiber in the development.

I have sent another email today to the address listed in this thread. I would really like to see fiber in Ajijic, but at this rate, Telmex might win the race.

@Vetteforron,   something is being misinterpreted badly.   I believe the club in Roca Azul contracted Ilox service some time ago and that is the cable they are installing now.  That one cable has to go a long way from their current termination box, and its not possible to tap or derive connections from existing fiber runs, unless the end customer wants to share with you at his router level (unlikely).   However,  several folks have signed up prepaid in Roca Azul, I count 7 so fare; there should be enough interest to justify a capital expansion in the development.    

You should talk with Jessica about connecting with those signups and getting the word out to the rest of the development so they can put in a distribution box there.    I would guess 15 or 20 signups would be enough as the capital build out seed costs are roughly 13 subscribers / km and they will definitely be putting in a derivation from the Joco / Chapala highway junction.  If you can get 10 people to go for the 250 mb package the first year that should do it.   Note this is a fraction of the investment required.  What Ilox wants to see is a little skin in the game from the residents.  Do you blame them?

@ Bedbug: Sorry you haven't gotten a response.  I've gotten a few mails complaining of that and everytime I drill down its either wrong address, bounced server, or maybe a language issue.  The response to the effort has  exceeded expectations and Ilox is ramping up resources to address.  A lakeside expansion project was not in Ilox capital spending plans, but we have shown them the purchasing power is here.  Ilox has an engineer that has begun assisting developments with underground ducts.  Here is his contact data:   RMS INGENIERIA ELECTROMECANICA,  ING. JESUS MONTES CASTELLANO  Tel.  3313488300.    I will also PM you Lyle Zeiglar's contact data, who is leading the Los Sabinos effort. 

BR,

Tom

Vetteforron,

Sorry I stand corrected.  My bad.  I talked to Jessica and she said it would be  while before they can get a buildout done in Roca Azul.  She said it won't happen this first round...If you can in the meantime organize as many residents as you can that will help....

Tom

13 hours ago, tkessler said:

Vetteforron,

Sorry I stand corrected.  My bad.  I talked to Jessica and she said it would be  while before they can get a buildout done in Roca Azul.  She said it won't happen this first round...If you can in the meantime organize as many residents as you can that will help....

Tom

I'm trying. Thanks.

I got an email from them yesterday asking for my contact info. I used my Garmin to determine my exact coordinates and gave that to them along with my physical address here in Ajijic.

I have been on the phone with ILOX ... in Chapalita, Guadalajara.  Very helpful.  There are a few steps.  My Spanish is very fluent.  One of the main problems is the people who have "expressed interest" but "cannot prepay" ...  VERY few people are willing to put their money where their mouths are.  The company has been in business some years and the forms are a legal contract signed in front of and with PROFECO, which should give people a high degree of comfort.  To go from the pitiful speeds of either (or both) TelMex Infinitum and or Telecable to the modern world will be amazing.  One of the forms they have is an Excel spread sheet which shows who has expressed interest and who has paid. 

They are a legitimate company and if people want this it will take an upfront minimum investment so that the costs of installation can be covered. 

For those who live in fraccionamientos, it seems pennywise and pound foolish NOT to upgrade ... it will definitely enhance the value of your property investment.  As more and more people arrive here from NOB, they will be looking for modernity.  Most of the developed world is very used to high speeds and depend upon it.

Phone number of the company in Guadalajara is  331 031 2429.    I called, got help immediately from Andrea.  She is very responsive.  I scanned and sent in copies of my most recent phone bill and my identification (passport and Residente card), along with my exact address, email address, local phone number, and indicated which package I am interested in.

Now I have the contract to fill out, sign and the paperwork to take to BANCOMER (only) to make the prepayment for the service.  That needs to be sent in.

Anyone who is interested should do these things and urge everyone else who they know to at least consider doing this.  Procrastination, sitting on the fence and "I can't prepay" are options that  not helping this cause at the moment.  Expressing interest is a nice thought, but prepayment is what is required in order for this project to proceed. 

Thank you Ickytoes, couldn't say it better myself.   The investment Ilox needs to make for a major fiber buildout at Lakeside is several multiples of what they will raise with the prepayment, the latter is really just to demonstrate a reasonable level of interest.   Fortunately we're at almost 500 pledges, so we just need a good fraction of those folks to follow through, which they're doing,  and we'll be there.   We are really lucky that Ilox routed their fiber ring between Guad and Queretaro  right through Joco.   Lakeside was not in their 5 year capital spending plan.  That is why there is no lakeside office yet, and why the signup pledge process is a little cumbersome....   

Tom

Should this endeavor fail, those sitting on the fence afraid to make a financial commitment may end up on that same fence waiting for Telmex and Telecable to improve service. With no reason to do so why would they bother?

The more I read the more I think the risk is minimal at best. Yes the costs are front loaded but once paid there's clear sailing for a year. 

I too wish ILOX was a little better organized but perhaps I'm projecting NOB expectations which don't necessarily apply here. 

I've made my payment and am encouraging all my neighbors to do likewise.

Archived