Chapala.com Webboard

Cafe Montana

Wookie

13 minutes ago, Wookie said:

So sorry to find out that smoking is allowed.  We took guests for breakfast this morning and the smoke was so bad she couldn't breathe.  We moved to the table in the very front ate and left quickly.  Never again ?

IMO, that was an unwise decision of the owners.  Thanks for providing the information, since it will save me from going there.

Although I do not smoke, I sat at a table in Salvador's restaurant maybe ten years ago where the few smokers were allowed to smoke. Our table was located in the center of the restaurant where there was an exhaust fan. Then I understood that the government began to enforce an ordinance or law that made it illegal for restaurants to allow smoking inside. It was at that time that those smoking began to sit outside at the covered tables in front of the restaurant.  Isn't it illegal for the Café Montana to allow smoking inside?

1 hour ago, exyyz said:

All the tables at Cafe Montaña are outside under a roof.

35pesos for coffee is way to much. Plus the food is over priced and nothing special.  They still don't have two of the items on the menu.  We won't be back.  

Because it is sheltered, I imagine the smoke stays fairly confined.  There were no smokers around when I was there, fortunately.  What menu items don't they have still? When I went with friends, they didn't have the salad or vegetable bowls which didn't leave me with any choice since I can't have gluten.

We had been there once before our friends came down just to see how it was.  There wasn't anyone smoking then and I made the mistake of assuming that it was non-smoking.  There were several smokers all at once today and it made breathing a challenge.  When we were there previously we had the quiche and salad and though it was a little skimpy and a little overpriced for what you got, we enjoyed the garden and the beautiful wooden topped tables.  We thought this would be a pretty and comfortable place to have breakfast with company.  They also have a good selection of different coffees and teas.  However, the breakfast was not at all good.  We wound up having lunch at noon because we were already hungry.  The smoke is confined plus when there is a breeze it travels everywhere.  Then we went outside to get in the car and I had left the window down partly to let out the heat.  The owner (or worker) I don't really know which had squatted down on the curb right by our car and had a cup of coffee and cigarettes.  Of course, you know where the smoke wound up.  We have been airing out the car all day.  Sorry but we were extremely displeased.  I did talk to them about it and when they said that smoking was allowed and the other customers were happy, I told them that was fine, we would not be back and they will just have the smoking crowd and the other restaurants will have the non-smokers.

Archived