Chapala.com Webboard

Mercado?

Herman

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

1. The logic is based on more moaners and groaners from Ajijic than Chapala on almost everything so it must, by inference, take a back seat to Chapala.

2. In this instance, it is quite clear to anyone that has experienced both, that the Chapala tianguis is superior in all respects to the one in Ajijic.

Since I am not the only one in this thread commenting on your self-perceived superiority as a Chapala boy, I have to assume you understand this, and are simply trying to defend an indefensible point.

What I understand is that you have a habit of taking quotes out of context sort of like the CBC is known for . Is that where you served as an intern in Ottawa to get your ground work in your alleged stellar media career.:lol::lol::lol:

13 minutes ago, ned small said:

Shirley[surely] you jest.

You miss the point. You are the one who has been allowed back here after being banned under another name for the type of postings you are sliding back into. But, by all means, carry on.  

16 hours ago, ned small said:

What I understand is that you have a habit of taking quotes out of context sort of like the CBC is known for . Is that where you served as an intern in Ottawa to get your ground work in your alleged stellar media career.:lol::lol::lol:

"Alleged stellar media career". Well, since no has said, or implied or even inferred that about me before, thank you! Meantime, you can backtrack all you like, but no one is buying it.

The Chapala tianguis is larger than the Ajijic tianguis and the same vendors go to both and they get their suff from the abastos..so really both are pretty sad compared to really good tianguis were farmers sell their produce and vendors sell produce from the abastos.

Sure, there were strong comments and certainly not everyone agreed with the other, but I enjoyed many of the posts and am reminded again that I ought to try the Tuesday Market, something I have only done once or twice before.

At least we at not arguing politics. That is when it could get petty and perhaps stupid, especially if they did not agree with me :)

14 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

"Alledged stellar media career". Well, since no has said, or implied or even inferred that about me before, thank you! Meantime, you can backtrack all you like, but no one is buying it.

I believe at some time you indicated this type of occupation in Ottawa as one of your border promotions.

The comment about the local Tianquis is true and I suspect about all of them as well except maybe some of the stuff at the Tuesday Market is actually locally grown.  It's pretty obvious the stuff comes from the Abastos. 

Still I notice these are well attended by the local Mexican populace so they must see some value there.

Let's knock off the personal commentary so it won't be necessary to close the thread.

The locals shop there, I think, because it is there. There are fruit and veg shops all over lakeside that have better quality stuff, and that is where the day-to-day takes place. But our Wednesday tianguis is also a good place to meet people and keep up, and many vendors are friends. Hey, plus you can get a slice of pizza from the guys who come out from Joco, and it's good stuff.

32 minutes ago, ned small said:

I believe at some time you indicated this type of occupation in Ottawa as one of your border promotions.

Never needed to do that.

I can affirm my career spanned ownership of a recording studio, video cameraman, technical writer and editor, and business trainer. I graduated Film, Radio and Television from Algonquin College, but Ottawa is a small town and my work evolved away from that vocation.

And of course all this has nothing to do with local mercados or tianguis, which as a long-term resident now I rarely attend, sourcing most of my stuff elsewhere. There's a little shop in San Antonio down the street from Panino's that carries a small, but usually excellent selection of fruit and veg.

Same here, I used to go to the market because the veggies were fresher than what you could find most of the time in the local stores. It is not so anymore so I do not go as there is nothing there you cannot find in town. I used to buy fish and chicken there years ago but no more.

Here in San Cristobal we have fruit and veggies from the low land and jungle as well as the highlands and many indigenous come and sell what they  grow,  it is a real treat.. 

Archived