Chapala.com Webboard

Beware Puerta Arroyo

Toadstool

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/28/2018 at 11:41 PM, Ferret said:

So, if the buyers don't ask the right questions, they're SOL? PUH LEEZE! Considering that most real estate agents develop a client base that is populated by referrals for a job well done, then I'd say that SOL works both directions.

It's too late tonight, but I'm going to post a list of things that potential renters and/or buyers should ask. And, they should get the answers written and signed and dated by the agent.

I do not understand your rudeness. I choose to give anyone the benefit of positivity. The agent may be highly ethical and moral, and I feel you are cosigning the disparagement of that person. Besides, if there is cell service I have internet access anywhere I have been in Jalisco. 

I live in Puerta Arroyo. We bought our lot and had our first casa built in 2010. We came back and forth from the US for three yrs. before we retired in 2013. it took a long time to get a phone number and internet, especially the 766 number. We had the realtor from Puerta arroyo use his know how to get it done for us. Then we moved to other side of same development and kept the same line. You have to know someone who can push it for you and get it done. Relax, Maybe pay a little. I gladly did. I learned to take the bus and go somewhere where they have internet and have a meal. And carried a smart phone. You will figure it out if you care too. Good luck 

32 minutes ago, bill_d said:

I do not understand your rudeness. I choose to give anyone the benefit of positivity. The agent may be highly ethical and moral, and I feel you are cosigning the disparagement of that person. Besides, if there is cell service I have internet access anywhere I have been in Jalisco. 

Bill, you obviously haven't been here very long. It was your rudeness and assumptions that even led me to respond on this thread. And besides, other than checking e-mail and depending on which plan you have, internet access is very limited with a cell phone. I used my cell phone as a hotspot for my laptop in emergencies until I got the Telmex line fixed. And notice that I say "I" because Telmex sure couldn't get it done... not in seven months. Using your cellphone as a hotspot to work from home is absolutely not feasible unless you have very deep pockets.

Ferret, please start a new thread to post your checklist for new buyers.  As for this discussion it just re-emphasizes how important it is to really do your homework before buying here or entering into any other major financial transaction.  Folks from NOB are accustomed to the almost universal provision of all utilities including land line telephone in homes up there and just need to know that is not the case here at all.

Archived