Chapala.com Webboard

Searching for a rental in Ajijic/Chapala area

Glenn

My wife and I are searching for a rental house in this area for next February 2019. We are from Ontario Canada and would like to get away for part of our cold winter. We have searched vacation rentals example trip advisor, Airbnb etc but what we seem to like are rented year over year. I never thought that it would be this hard to find one that we like. Anyone out there that can help us would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

1 hour ago, kookielendmeyourcomb said:

You may get more useful responses if you tell us what your rental budget is, your preferred location(s), etc.  Good luck...  

Absolutely true:  facts needed:  Budget, #of bedrooms, general location (town or country) and  pets.  Rental agencies could be helpful, too.  One of the difficulties is that it's only wanted for a month in the middle of high season. Maybe a B&B could fill the bill.  Several have better rates for a months' stay than by the night.

What you see listed on the internet sites will be limited and much more expensive than what you will see while on the ground.  Most people here always recommend people to come down and stay at a b&b or an economical hotel for a week or two while they are scouting out the various neighborhoods and towns looking for that perfect rental.  Many rentals never appear on the internet, you must be here on the ground for the best insight. Those that do show up on the internet usually are the higher end rentals.  Also take into consideration that this is our high-season and this season I think may have been one of our busiest seasons in years.  It is slowly nearing its end, usually ending in and around Easter Holy Week.  I am sure that by now many of the angry dissilusioned first timers have already left the area by now, so hopefully, finding a rental at this moment might not be that difficult.  I am sure many good opinions will follow.

You might contact the Casa Blanca hotel... We used them when we came down and stayed a month... Matt will give you a good rate... Nothing fancy but centrally located and clean...

Email: rsvp@casablancaajijic.com   phone:  800 436-0759

We rent our central Ajijic and know of several other houses scattered around the area that are for rent during the winter for limited stays.  Ours comes with 4 cats that you have to care for and some of the others have cats or dogs.  You pay rent in addition to caring for the animals.  Send me a PM (personal message) to get on the list and let me now your particular wants.  Thanks.

Archived