Chapala.com Webboard

Building a Boveda Catalana roof who is the best?

We want to build a boveda catalana roof over our porch.  Who is the best brick mason to do this task?  We have already used more than 3 different teams to build our house.   We now want to try using a different group.  Who is the best for construction in this area.  Maybe we will go with a contractor.  Who is the best contractor in the area.  Thanks

I always recommend Rudy Renteria for any remodeling jobs. He has worked for us for years and we have never been disappointed.HIS OFFICE IS 766-1306. tELL THEM i SENT YOU AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY TOO.

If all you are looking for is the boveda roof I would recommend Gabriel Perales 3311163927. He has done bovedas for me in contracting jobs, plus he does other things (electrical, welding, plumbing) makes it easier if you only talk to one instead of coordinating several people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2/19/2018 at 4:54 PM, NachoOE said:

If all you are looking for is the boveda roof I would recommend Gabriel Perales 3311163927. He has done bovedas for me in contracting jobs, plus he does other things (electrical, welding, plumbing) makes it easier if you only talk to one instead of coordinating several people.

From   this Board, we wound up hiring  this   poster and his maestro  ..... with whom   he   had only worked just once.  Maestro was   fine .... but the poster -- arq and builder  -- was separated from the project 6 months into building the house.  If anyone is thinking about hiring this poster,   you are welcome to contact me  via PM.

Gustavo was a wise choice.  He is a good contractor and that is a problem.  As a good contractor he has many projects going on at once.  He did a project for us this summer which required two roofs.  The roofs were well constructed but basically one mason and a helper did all the work so it took a while.

Rudy Renteria and Gustavo both are old timers who were building here long before most the present residents and contractors arrived..Since everyone knew them and their work quality they became the go to for honesty and quality of work.  They never lowered their standards when the influx of people arrived starting in 2003.  They still are quality go to people with knowledge of how to build in the lakeside area.

Archived