Chapala.com Webboard

Propane gas leak detector alarm

HoneyBee

Am looking to buy a propane gas leak detector alarm for my small apartment (never liked gas in a home). I checked the home depot MX website but all they seem to have are smoke and CO detectors. Amazon has them but I do not have a credit card. Any tips are welcome of where to buy (local and in Guadalajara).

Thanks

RVs use LP gas detectors and alarms.  If you search for those, in the USA, you might find what you are looking for & could possibly have a friend bring one down for you.  Here is an example:

http://www.adventurerv.net/safetalert-series-gas-alarm-brown-detector-p-13609.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAwp_UBRD7ARIsAMie3XYliWcDjJh_GGyXKV2k-qzkgVAOl3R7Aa5XYEWZbsNhPPY04ETwZv4aAkJyEALw_wcB&utm_campaign=partsfeed_ppc&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=Froogle

RVGringo, many thanks for your suggestion and offer. I finally did what I would normally do when looking for a product in mexico is to put the search request in Spanish !

I found that there is quite a selection on the Mercado Libre.

What does surprise me is that given the fact that pretty much every house has LP gas that It is not sold locally.

What happen to me about a week ago, is I was cleaning the top of my stove in the evening and during the process unknowingly turned one of the burner on. During the night, I got up to get a glass of water and could hear a small hiss from the kitchen. Since LP gas is heavier then air it drops to the ground so I never picked up the smell.

Glad I do not smoke, would have left with a bang! 

Archived