Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

It would be interesting to know just how the fiber would get to the subscribers... I can't imagine that TelMex would allow a competitor to use their poles... The cost of a residential fiber infrastructure is extremely expensive and that coupled with this initiative being outside the company's normal business plan and the company's experience in Zamora does not bode well...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rvanparys

i know that this thread and the few that have preceded it are quite long, but early on it was posted that  ILOX has a nationwide agreement with CFE to use their poles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Honorandfaith said:

What do you mean by company's experience in Zamora?

From their webpage (and Facebook page) it appears that they are based in Zamora, Michoacan and have coverage that extends to Sahuayo and Juquilpan, etc.  And the posted reviews are largely negative, but none appear to be from 2018.    Here is a map of their current and planned coverage, as well as supposed agreements with third parties farther north and northeast.  What I have read on their website doesn’t give me a lot of confidence, or at least not at present.  Will be interesting to see their progress this year.  

http://www.iloxtelecom.com/internet-dedicado

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kookielendmeyourcomb said:

From their webpage (and Facebook page) it appears that they are based in Zamora, Michoacan and have coverage that extends to Sahuayo and Juquilpan, etc.  And the posted reviews are largely negative, but none appear to be from 2018.    Here is a map of their current and planned coverage, as well as supposed agreements with third parties farther north and northeast.  What I have read on their website doesn’t give me a lot of confidence, or at least not at present.  Will be interesting to see their progress this year.  

http://www.iloxtelecom.com/internet-dedicado

 

I've tried to get Google translate to convert this to English, but it doesn't work.  Could you give me the major gist of it?  Thanks.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, will do that Gringal, in awhile...  but it does appear that they do have an office in a building in Guadalajara:

Av. Lázaro Cárdenas, No. 3675, Col. Jardines de San Ignacio (Chapalita), Guadalajara Jalisco, Tel 01 (331) 031 2429 ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NLU: Thank you for the correction... That solves part of the puzzle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kookie lend me your comb

ILOX does have such an office

three weeks ago,

like a fool i decided to deliver my contract

naturally i got lost

so i hired a taxi which i followed to the office

i was there and saw it

it was new and not really moved into yet

only 2 or 3 people

naturally no english (very little)

but, it is there

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the comments on facebook , the extremely limited coverage shown on their web page and very little background gives me no confidence to part with my money.

Too many unanswered questions and very debatable business plan and marketing strategy make it a simple descion for me.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps one should talk to the people on the other side of the lake who have the service. I have talked to one fellow who thinks they are great and he gets great service as promised.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, michael2595 said:

Perhaps one should talk to the people on the other side of the lake who have the service. I have talked to one fellow who thinks they are great and he gets great service as promised.

May I ask, which town/barrio south of the lake?  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you read the comments it almost seems as if all the naysayers want the Ilox project to fail!

SunFan

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they want it to fail so much as they've lived in Mexico a long time and it just sounds too good to be true. Skeptical and cautious? Definitely.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ferret you have summed up my doubts.

I dont want it to fail and once they connect it to my house i will pay a year in advance.

Would rather have a reliable system with all the kinks resolved than be an early adopter with all inherent risks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

Ferret you have summed up my doubts.

I dont want it to fail and once they connect it to my house i will pay a year in advance.

Would rather have a reliable system with all the kinks resolved than be an early adopter with all inherent risks.

 

However, the early adopters/payupfronters don't seem to think it will happen at all unless enough people want it badly enough to pay up front, which leaves the matter going 'round in a circle.

Otherwise, I feel as you do.  I would not be willing to pay  year in advance, though, and many others couldn't do so for budgetary reasons.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have enough prepaid subscribers to begin, and they have promised to return monies if it can't go through. Their website is chock-full of contracts indicating their solidity, and explanations of how it will all come together. But is is a leap of faith no matter how one looks at it.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

.......But is is a leap of faith no matter how one looks at it.

Sort of like a lot of things when discussing living in Mexico, eh?

While I don’t have a horse in this race, some thoughts.....  Everyone has their own comfort zone (and financials) when it comes to doing things. We make decisions based on, sometimes, no idea of how future decisions will affect them. Wasn’t that long ago that folks felt perfectly comfortable bringing their foreign plated cars to Mexico (forever) only to have Immigration laws change that potentially negated that option. The option of buying a home in Mexico has at least ‘some’ potential of being ‘cause for concern’ in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RickS said:

Sort of like a lot of things when discussing living in Mexico, eh?

While I don’t have a horse in this race, some thoughts.....  Everyone has their own comfort zone (and financials) when it comes to doing things. We make decisions based on, sometimes, no idea of how future decisions will affect them. Wasn’t that long ago that folks felt perfectly comfortable bringing their foreign plated cars to Mexico (forever) only to have Immigration laws change that potentially negated that option. The option of buying a home in Mexico has at least ‘some’ potential of being ‘cause for concern’ in the future. 

Good points, RickS.  The decision to move to Mexico for retirement is the really high risk gamble. After that, it's a series of leaps of faith right down to the present, where we have no certain assurance that the Mexican government won't do to us non-citizens what the U.S. government is doing to Mexican born non-citizens.  We have no certainty that we won't have to grab what we can throw in the car and head back to the NOB, thus losing the homes we own.  If we're renters, we don't know if our landlord will decide to evict us and put a favored nephew in the house.

However, the matter of little decisions like the fiber optics issue depends on whether one has the extra cash in the first place and whether one wishes to spend it in that way.  Not such a big deal.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Honorandfaith said:

Rick S..... Big diff. We are not ILLEGALLY IN THE COUNTRY. 

No, we're not. (No need to shout with caps.)  But the Mexican government can change laws at their will, just as they have already made higher income requirements, regulation about foreign plated cars, rules about non-involvement in Mexican political affairs which, if not followed, can lead to deportation and many, many other matters.  (A friend of mine did get vocal and was deported without recourse).  In other words, don't delude yourself.  We are here on sufferance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Honorandfaith said:

Rick S..... Big diff. We are not ILLEGALLY IN THE COUNTRY. 

Honor and faith.... might want to make sure that you are quoting the right person. I never said you were illegal, but I get your political drift.

RickS

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RickS said:

Honor and faith.... might want to make sure that you are quoting the right person. I never said you were illegal, but I get your political drift.

RickS

I think she was addressing my statement, which I should have clarified further re what governments can do to residents, legal or illegal, depending on and what official policy and rules created may be.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×