Chapala.com Webboard

Their crews are now in Roca Azul. If I could post pic I would. I spoke to the install crew yesterday. Going forward.

Hotel Real de Chapala, Thursday morning 9:00 AM

TelMex bigwigs will explain all the wonderful plans they have for fiber at Lakeside. Listen to the promises.

Ilox must have them worried.

SunFan

9 minutes ago, SunFan said:

Hotel Real de Chapala, Thursday morning 9:00 AM

TelMex bigwigs will explain all the wonderful plans they have for fiber at Lakeside.

May I ask, what on-line materials advertise this event? And someone please post a detailed report after the fact.  

(It is for scenarios like this that I think it would be a good idea to have an 'interest group' represented by a web site to counteract the bad habits of the unaccountable caudillos of industry, and spread both the word and to coordinate best practices among users.)  

7 hours ago, SunFan said:

Didn't you get the memo?

When I left Lakeside three weeks ago, all I brought with me was a nasty cold.  And up here in the redwoods, snailmail has been subcontracted to those lumbering banana slugs...

The Telmex meeting did not come off. Total confusion. Hotel claimed they  didn't know about it. Some people had driven in from Joco. The reason is unclear but it's supposed to be rescheduled for next week.  The name to contact that finally ended up on the hotel bulletin board is Sylvia Galiado (Sp) 331 599 8612.

I get a kick out of all you guys.

All the info has posted.

At this point, each of us should be able to make up our own mind without understanding why others have decided as they did.

I have decided what I will do.

You don't need to know something that should not be of concern to you.

To quote Rhett Butler: "Frankly,

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/13/2018 at 4:57 PM, tkessler said:

Homeowners in private developments with underground ducts need to get together and figure out how to give them access.   Can you imagine how attractive Lakeside will be  with fiber optic Internet?

Thanks, Tom. I'm looking forward to a meeting with iLox folks to discuss the condo access issue. I'm on the investigation committee in our development. Once we get input from them, we'll look at further meeting(s) with our residents to see what interest there is and what can be done within our walls. Although I signed up to pledge back toward the beginning, I haven't received any email communication regarding a contract or anything. Should I be expecting something? Or are they waiting on condo residents to first determine if/how lines can be run?

Heather

• Haha 1

Am in the same situation as hkrause and 15mins ago recived an email from them about the problems for developments and a suggested contact.hopefully you got this as well.

• Haha 1