Chapala.com Webboard

Utilities Hola

Juno

For gas, you will have a propane tank on site, check the level in that.  Water is from SIMAPA and is normally paid annually and should be on.   You didn't note whether you are renting or buying.  You may need to go to CFE in Chapala to get electric in your name.  Go to TelMex in Ajijic for phone.

If you are renting, ask your landlord or rental agent about CFE.  Many landlords do NOT want CFE changed to a tenant's name.  If you bought a home,  CFE should have been changed to your name by the real estate agent so you should ask yours.  

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

We do need some details.  Is the power on now or is there at least a meter there?  Is the phone working?  Here, phone numbers stay with the property.

Our home purchase did not include the TelMex number.  The long-term tenants transferred the TelMex number to their new rental.  We had to go to TelMex and get a new number/service.  

You might want to consider a property mgmt. service. I used Roma for the first few years I was here.  There is a monthly fee, but it sure makes things easy--they pay your utilities and provide trustworthy workers when you need something fixed. And you have somebody to call if anything goes wrong or you have a question about what to do when problems arise. It made a big difference to my success as a newbie here.

Archived