Chapala.com Webboard
Carrol

TV Sound Bar

WANTED: sound bar for TV.  The sound on my 32" flat screenTV is not that great, especially for playing DVD's or music.  Looking to purchase a reasonably priced soundbar for it.  766-4338 or 39carrol@gmail.com

There's a street near the San Juan de Dios train stop.  It's almost completely dedicated to electronics.  Lopez Cotilla.

If you really want your TV to sound better with music, connect the sound output to a stereo.  

You can usually find an assortment at WalMart. My advice, buy the best one you believe you can afford. I have had two Vizio soundbars; my new is a 5.1 surround, and apart from being a lot easier to use sounds just as good as any middle-of-the-road stereo system. I owned a recording studio and was a stereophile for many years, and this is quite pleasing to my ears.

For anyone who hasn't used a soundbar before, any price range is going to improve your TV sound.

For people who find it hard to distinguish the voices, over all the sound FX and music on a TV show/movie, the gang who "invented" the sound bar are getting rave reviews for their new model with built-in hearing-aid technology. https://www.amazon.com/ZVOX-AV200-TV-Speaker-Technology/dp/B01L9D18FC

Sound bars are vomit conducive IMO.  The voice is in the midrange; the least complicated and cheapest sounds to reproduce.  Any speaker system will give you voice.  But if you like music you'll be missing not only the sound waves that register above and below the tonic note, but the bass, bass drum, or room tone in films.    Take a bull horn, no bass, not much treble.  That's a sound bar.