Chapala.com Webboard

where for passport photos?

Lexy

On Lopez Cotilla, a block or two east of the mercado publico, was a Foto Estudio, which did excellent work for passports, INM, etc. Your pictures will be ready the following morning.  We used them for years and were always satisfied. I hope they are still there.

There is a place in Ajijic, Genesis Digital, @ 34 Ocampo, 376-766-0788.  The man's name is Hugo.  He is open 9-3 then 4-6:30.  I just had my US passport photos taken there last week and it cost $150.  I waited 15 minutes and they were ready.  I think he is the best.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:53 AM, Lexy said:

where in chapala is good place to get new passport photos....hopefully no stairs

lexyy

Lexy: I suggest you use the one that RV recommends. It is the only one in Chapala that is allowed by the Canadian Consulate in Mexico City as they are real photographs not from a colour printer.

2 hours ago, Lexy said:

thank you all for the current info.

photos  taken at farmacia guadalajara have not been acceptable for some time now on documents like passports.  years ago it was a good and inexpensive place to go.

lexy

Not true. They were just accepted a month ago.

On 2/9/2018 at 4:12 PM, Lexy said:

thank you all for the current info.

photos  taken at farmacia guadalajara have not been acceptable for some time now on documents like passports.  years ago it was a good and inexpensive place to go.

lexy

Renewed our passports in Nov and received in Dec. using photos from none other then Farmacia Gualalajara.  So is incorrect above.  Time involved less than 15 minutes and 25 pesos or maybe 5O pesos, cannot recall as there were two of us.

The one just off the main street in Chapala is very good and she speaks English, if necessary. You get the photos immediately and the price is under $200mxn. I don't remember the name, but it's close to the Veterinaria, on the left hand side as you go through Chapala towards the malecon.  There's usually a small sign on the sidewalk.My photos were done a few weeks ago and my passport has already been issued. . Hope that helps.

Archived