Chapala.com Webboard

Ross Brownridge..aka Candy Man

Tadoo

My Dad Ross loved the area and more importantly the people in the area of Lake Chapala..... after being there even for a short period of time I was able to see why he loved it so much.  

Sadly he passed away this afternoon. Some of his closest friends will be organizing a service for the end of the week before I bring him home to Canada, there will be  a post with the details in the next day or so should anyone wish to attend.

I will also miss him. He always put a smile on everyone's face as he handed out his candies. And, somehow, he always knew who he should approach like he was a reader of lost souls. May he RIP and may you find consolation in the number of us that he helped.

The first time the smiling man approached my friend and I and gave us each a candy I prepared for the pitch. Of course, there was none, just the smile and wishes for a good day. Then I noticed him stopping other people and how he left a trail of smiles behind him as he went. No matter what kind of day you were having he always brightened it with a smile and a piece of candy. He touched other people’s lives in such a simple way. It is sad that he is no longer among us. He is missed.

Archived