Chapala.com Webboard

First, I apologize for inadvertently deleting the thread. I'm hoping it can be restored, but don't know. It happened while I was writing the following reply.

Hello, Julie,
I posted here because I was quite angry. Yes, I told you what I wanted, and when the job was finished, because the dog was wet, I could not see the result. It never occurred to me that I would have to specify an even cut with all her hair the same length. There are patches on both her sides and her top that are markedly shorter than the rest of her. Your leaving her wet meant she could not get a final combing, resulting in clumping.

Why did I not call you? What could you have done? Trim her down to her skin all over? The photo I sent you of how she looked after her last grooming is attached, as well as one after your job. I hope you can see. Photos with black dogs are tricky.

Sorry if you think I overreacted, but I didn't see any point in talking with you and wanted other owners to be cautious. Had you said to me that you did not have much experience with dogs like her, this would never have happened.

Cheers,

Michael5a78b1cd25c19_NJulie.JPG.bf87a7e3f18b0086398169474b696c7b.JPG

N groomed 2.jpg

Pretty sneaky, deleting the OP. Let's start with almost no one has experience with a Bernese Mountain Dog / Poodle mix because thankfully few have been bred. The wooly coat of a Berner with the curly Poodle coat creates the coat from hell. Julie worked on the dog for 3 hours, and couldn't get the dog totally dry because the dog was tired of being groomed. You yourself admitted the dog was a mess when Julie started. You admitted that as soon as the dog plays in water, which she does frequently, the coat clumps back up . So take her out and let her play in the lake already.

38 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

thankfully few have been bred.

I take it you never met one. They''re miraculous dogs. And, mine wasn't "bred," she was a love child. Moreover, I did not delete the OP on purpose, and have asked for it to be recovered. Goodness, but you have strong opinions.

Given that there was nothing Julie could do to fix things, what would you have me do? Remember, she was recommended on a post, and I felt bound to respond to the recommendation in hopes others would not have a similar experience. I'd really like you to see my dog so you can understand properly.

Archived