Chapala.com Webboard

Wanted, Dachshund

I got my last dachshund from the Ranch. It was a street dog but it sure looked like a dachshund to me. Well he's getting old, partially white haired and deaf and does not have much time left. So I am looking for a new dachshund to adopt, hopefully while my old friend is still with us, so they can meet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank both of you for your tips about where I might find a puppy. I shall check them out Monday.

Also, Harry, you make the comment of them being stubborn.  Apparently the one that I adopted scared the mom and dad and their daughter, because they couldn't teach him that they the people were in charge of him.  I had a little difficulty proving that I was boss after I got the dog, but  within a short of period of time, he began to accept that he was not the boss at my house.

Pete--there is one for adoption from Alvaro:  see FB BBB&S Lake Chapala - Fur, Feathers and Fins

Image may contain: dog
Alvaro Rene Garcia Martinez

EN ADOPCION !.

Hermosa Hembrita Esterilizada con Vacunas Desparasitada !
Se lleva Bien con Canes y es Muy Amorosa !

Beauty Female
Spay, Shots, Warm Medicine lovely and very Friendly whit other Dogs.

Thanks for the input and the nice picture, Yo1. I looked at the dogs behind Superlake and they were very small and only a month old. I am a little under the weather, not the flu, so it will be a couple of days until I am better and until I can make a decision and pick the dog up.

The dog in Facebook looks very much like my old Dachshund did when he was younger.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all. Sadly my search is on hold for another week. I went to an eye Doc whom apparently misdiagnosed and mistreated one of my eyes. The damage is healing and should be OK week, said another eye Doc. who has a good reputation and whom I trust.

So in another week, I will be looking again. Thanks for all of the great leads.

• 3 months later...

Thank you very much for your tip. I will again be looking when I return lakeside in two weeks.  I had to quit searching even after getting some very good leads because a sleep or lack of sleep problem which has now been solved. (new medication, Nexium)

So, yes, I am still looking and will make contact with the lead you provided on Facebook.

Thanks

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, johanson said:

Thank you very much for your tip. I will again be looking when I return lakeside in two weeks.  I had to quit searching even after getting some very good leads because a sleep or lack of sleep problem which has now been solved. (new medication, Nexium)

So, yes, I am still looking and will make contact with the lead you provided on Facebook.

Thanks

If I hear or see of any I will let you know for I am also a 'salchicha' owner.

• 2 weeks later...

Pete, these two are still available, perhaps you would be interested in the Dachsie

?ui=2&ik=3486c45d11&view=fimg&th=1642ff6251eb069c&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=1642e21e691e3814f9d1&attbid=ANGjdJ9uwtd2jDXTDbQf6buMoD_i07-CVFifgSqRUS1ZmhfUz9n5GZK_Ib_RPl4QNZgaDHxPBauoTffAqeU7P7ROp8BeEr2hjvguN6v-K1jrKWLBjmxnI3Y-luFwF10&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1529853293480&rm=1642ff6251eb069c&zw&atsh=1

?ui=2&ik=3486c45d11&view=fimg&th=1642ff6251eb069c&attid=0.2&disp=emb&realattid=1642e225474871066ac2&attbid=ANGjdJ8rMF3HCW218cghWukLgughPfreg3PQamsPxKoIvf0h5baQJQQRKD7jwV2RrmVHHcaY-TPXURlKa0_ggjM_wXrP-_xr0mjPyuMuUVZ-51EoO7xC_5SSHckj0eQ&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1529853293480&rm=1642ff6251eb069c&zw&atsh=1

Because of her living circumstances, a friend is being forced to give up her two purebred dogs for adoption. They are Clifford, a beautiful male daschund, 10 months old, and and Mitzy, a lively female mini-Schnauzer of six years. Both are housebroken, up-to-date on vaccinations, and neutered. No special diets or medications. It's preferred that they be adopted together, but if necessary they can be placed in separate homes. Sweet-tempered and loving, each would make a wonderful companion. Please PM me for details. Phone +17077343630 Text only! I don't answer calls.

I am interested and will be returning from up north next week and will, after taking care of about two days of urgent tasks, reach out to see if she is still available. Sadly I can not send text messages by phone up here, but I can be reached either by sending my a personal message using this forum or by emailing me at

johansonpete61 at gmail.com

where you use @ instead of "at"

I see that your post about a dachshund is from February.  If you're still looking for one, I have friends who have one available for adoption.  They're moving to Ireland and can't take their lovely 12-year-old female with them.  Call me at 331 173 3470 or email at tessilou41@gmail.  Pictures available. Thanks!  If you know of other leads, I'd appreciate info.

Thresa Beach, Ajijic

Archived